Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

PIA Livery for 747-400 FSX?

Which one are you looking for? There are several actual PIA schemes in the real world.three.jpgI could probably make one if you can't find it, but due to my free time being scarce, I would say just one of the above or post a pic or link and I'll let you know.Also, make sure to sign your real name in posts, or include it in your sig.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Wow, that's some fancy tail work there. This may take a couple days (due to time at hand), but I've been wanting a project to get back in the livery wing. I'll let you know when I'm done. Also, any tail numbers on this specific one that I could look up on airliner.net? I'll need to find more pics of this one to get a better look at that tail, haha. :(*Edit- disregard I found it :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Good news Andreas, I will probably be done later tonight. It is not exact but pretty close so far. Still working on getting the tail detail a little better and decided to add winglet art since the livery you have here is actual a 747-367 (Tail# AP-BFU), so there are no winglets. You could always turn them off to look more like the photo, but I'm sure you'l be please either way. I matched the font the best I could, but can't seem to find the exact font. I should have a screen shot in a couple hours.Private message me your email address also for when I'm done so I can send it. It will most likely take a couple emails for all the textures.

Dan Prunier

Here are a some pix. Should be done by the time you send me your email. Would upload to AVSIM but they are still having issues it appears.http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/Turbine777/PIA2.jpghttp://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/Turbine777/PIA1.jpghttp://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/Turbine777/PIA3.jpgFrom the pictures that I've found of this bird, the stripe and lettering looks dark green. At first I also thought the fuse was all white, but the two tone looks cool, especially in FSX @ night. I also did the passenger lighting a little different. Tough to see in the screenshots here, but you'll see a big difference on your comp.

Dan Prunier

Ummm Dan,Great work...you have missed your vocation. Maybe PMDG need some part time "painting guys"Geoff Bryce

Geoff Bryce

Ummm Dan,Great work...you have missed your vocation. Maybe PMDG need some part time "painting guys"Geoff Bryce
Haha thanks Geoff, it was a good project to relearn Photoshop, it's been a while ;)It's still is not "Exact" due to the font, tail (close enough haha), and engines (working on GE's now, the ones in the pix are RR) but it should make for an ok second :)

Dan Prunier

Finally fishinished. The only problem I had was getting the belly colors to match. They are still a little off, but I'll let you know if I get them prefected. I also did all 3 engine variants, so you can fly which ever you prefer. I think the ones in the pix are PW, but not sure (thus doing all 3 haha). I emailed them to you. Let me know what you think and if you notice any abnormalities. It looks great at night I think. The color difference between the two tones are hard to notice during daylight but really stand out at night. Plus the modified passenger lights I put in for this one go good with it. Let me know what you think.Here are the Real life / Created side by sides:PIA_Real.jpgPIAFinished.jpgRight side:right.jpgrighter.jpg

Dan Prunier

I have received quite a few PM's for this, so rather than make people wait for me to reply, (I tend to miss PM's now a days) I have uploaded it for your download pleasure.Enjoy!Click Here to download*This is for FSX, only.

Dan Prunier