Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MMoore0324

Boeing 717

Hey guys,I need a little help with my 717 set up. I have Eric Cantu's 717 model and Ken Mitchell's panel. It's an amazing model with a very good panel. The only problem I have is that when I'm on approach and landing... I can not see the ground at all. I'm not sure if this is just how the aircraft is or if I can make some adjustments. Right now visual approaches are impossible. At about 2000 AGL the nose it pitched up about 5 degrees with no ground reference at all. I have a nice 717 manual and I know all my speeds are correct. I just wasn't sure if there was something I can change in a CFG or something to make this thing a little more flyable. Thanks guys. -Matt-

Matt Moore

Chief Pilot | Elite Airways "The Virtual Executive Airline" 

found a great panel that may help you out.Its on flightsim .com-file is greg7372.zip.the upper part fo the panel has a button to raise seat and a button to reset seat view.Perfect for landing-loads of other great features on this panel-give it a try.

found a great panel that may help you out.Its on flightsim .com-file is greg7372.zip.the upper part fo the panel has a button to raise seat and a button to reset seat view.Perfect for landing-loads of other great features on this panel-give it a try.
Thanks for your reply. I checked that file out and it's a panel for a classic 737. It looks like a very nice panel, but I'm looking to stay with the 717 panel.

Matt Moore

Hey guys,I need a little help with my 717 set up. I have Eric Cantu's 717 model and Ken Mitchell's panel. It's an amazing model with a very good panel. The only problem I have is that when I'm on approach and landing... I can not see the ground at all. I'm not sure if this is just how the aircraft is or if I can make some adjustments. Right now visual approaches are impossible. At about 2000 AGL the nose it pitched up about 5 degrees with no ground reference at all. I have a nice 717 manual and I know all my speeds are correct. I just wasn't sure if there was something I can change in a CFG or something to make this thing a little more flyable. Thanks guys. -Matt-
From the Learning Center (Help) dialogue of FS2004:Moving the EyepointHaving trouble seeing over the instrument panel? In a real airplane you'd just lean forward a bit or sit on a phone book. In Flight Simulator you can move the eyepoint, the point where your virtual eyes look out from. It's a particularly useful ability when taxiing taildraggers in Cockpit or Virtual Cockpit views.To move the eyepointTo.............................Do this...Move Eyepoint Back* --- CTRL+ENTERMove Eyepoint Down --- SHIFT+BACKSPACEMove Eyepoint Forward* --CTRL+BACKSPACEMove Eyepoint Left* ---CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACEMove Eyepoint Right* -- CTRL+SHIFT+ENTERMove Eyepoint Up ------SHIFT+ENTERReset Eyepoint ---------SPACE* Virtual Cockpit view only============Experiment with the above - There is also a neat little gauge by Glenn Copeland -http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004gau&DLID=79705Which can be easily added to most panels which allows you to "raise" the eyepoint (appears as if you rasied your seat) using the mouse. I use it all the time.Hope this helps. :(

Guest belga1

Hello,I have those two commands mapped on buttons of my HOTAS and it's very handy.Move Eyepoint Down --- SHIFT+BACKSPACEMove Eyepoint Up ------SHIFT+ENTERRegards.bye.gifGus.

Thank you very much guys. I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight.

Matt Moore

Thank you very much guys. I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight.
Worked great guys! That was just what I needed. Thanks!

Matt Moore