Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jas451

VOXATC INSTALL PROBLEM

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64bit. I have read on several forums people have successfully installed VOXATC. When I try to install the program hangs at the commit phase of installation and refuses to complete. I have tried installing as Admin, as Windows XP compatible and turned off firewall with virus protection to no avail. If anyone has installed it in Win 7 64bit please explain how. My other option is to set up a dual boot with Win XP 64 bit. does anyone know if it works under XP 64bit?

I didn't have to do anything special. I believe the latest version installed without problems. If I recall correctly, the version from CD did crash when it tried to run the indexer at the end; but that did not stop the install from working.Anyway, on installing the latest version from the site, I had no problems, and the indexer worked fine.You could try installing to another location (i.e. not "C:\Program Files"), which could help. I have an F: drive on another partition and install to that.For me, getting it to install was relatively pain-free. My problems came later (and I'm still getting some issues).

Thanks Hippo for the reply. Just do not understand why VOXATC will not install. May try to do a reinstall of WIndows 7 since that might be the issue. Since VOXATC did not complete the install I have been unable to completely remove it to do a reinstall. I deleted out the Internal Works folder for VOXATC from program files and under user but it still has some files or changes that prevent the indexer from showing all the FSX aircraft when I attempt a reinstall.