I don't know what it is called. I've read about stutters and micro stutters, but those problems seems to be caused by FPS drops, right?This is not a big problem, but a bit annoying. My problem is my FS9 is not running as smooth as I want it to. The picture is like freezing sometimes for a very, very short time. Not for seconds, but for a hundred of a second maybe, or something like that. Not sure, but it's very short. This happens for example when in the 2D cockpit and making a fast turn on the ground, or following the aircraft from spot view.And according to FRAPS there are no changes in FPS recorded. It is locked at 24, and I have tried unlocked as well, but seems to be worse.I have a GTX 260 video card, so I don't think my GPU is the problem. I've tried different drivers, but no change.What do you think?

I don't know what it is called. I've read about stutters and micro stutters, but those problems seems to be caused by FPS drops, right?This is not a big problem, but a bit annoying. My problem is my FS9 is not running as smooth as I want it to. The picture is like freezing sometimes for a very, very short time. Not for seconds, but for a hundred of a second maybe, or something like that. Not sure, but it's very short. This happens for example when in the 2D cockpit and making a fast turn on the ground, or following the aircraft from spot view.And according to FRAPS there are no changes in FPS recorded. It is locked at 24, and I have tried unlocked as well, but seems to be worse.I have a GTX 260 video card, so I don't think my GPU is the problem. I've tried different drivers, but no change.What do you think?
How much RAM do you have?Alex Reid

2GB RAM
Good. Have you set Virtual Memory to "Let System manage"?Alex Reid

Good. Have you set Virtual Memory to "Let System manage"?Alex Reid
I had it set to custom. 3072 mb for both initial and maximum. I will try "Let System manage".Thanks.

I had it set to custom. 3072 mb for both initial and maximum. I will try "Let System manage".Thanks.
No difference by changing the virtual memory setting.

No difference by changing the virtual memory setting.
I'm about out of ideas. Could you experiment with reducing your monitor resolution? It sounds a little like the CPU is getting choked up with rapid changes in scenery during sharp aircraft turns. (Large monitors need higher resolutions for sharpness = more work for the CPU.)Alex Reid

I'm about out of ideas. Could you experiment with reducing your monitor resolution? It sounds a little like the CPU is getting choked up with rapid changes in scenery during sharp aircraft turns. (Large monitors need higher resolutions for sharpness = more work for the CPU.)Alex Reid
I have a 19" monitor set to 1440x900 and all the other resolution settings in the list look horrible with a wide screen.I recently bought the Nvidia GTX 260 card. I had a 7900 GTX before, and I think FS9 was smoother with that card. But of course the GTX 260 gives a lot more FPS.What do you think about my PSU (600 W)? Enough?Maybe my CPU is to weak and doesn't work well with GTX 260? I have a AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3,1 ghz.

I have a 19" monitor set to 1440x900 and all the other resolution settings in the list look horrible with a wide screen.I recently bought the Nvidia GTX 260 card. I had a 7900 GTX before, and I think FS9 was smoother with that card. But of course the GTX 260 gives a lot more FPS.What do you think about my PSU (600 W)? Enough?Maybe my CPU is to weak and doesn't work well with GTX 260? I have a AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3,1 ghz.
I have no tech expertise so can't advise on these questions- I'm still happily running FS9 on an AMD XP2200 1.8 GHz with 2 GeForce FX5200 cards driving triple monitors. So I'm well beyond the usual Expiry Date!Alex Reid

Make sure your new card is listed in your FS cfg file. If your old card is still listed, delete the listing and restart the sim. Better yet, if you don't have a lot of tweeks, delete the whole file.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

is computer free of dust, check video card fan, make sure your not overheating, try playing with case openre-install video card drivers, learn to use nHancer

Make sure your new card is listed in your FS cfg file. If your old card is still listed, delete the listing and restart the sim. Better yet, if you don't have a lot of tweeks, delete the whole file.Bob
I did a complete reinstallation of windows xp before I switched to the GTX 260 card, so there is no problem with my fs9.cfg flle. And I have deleted it many times to let fs9 build a new one.
is computer free of dust, check video card fan, make sure your not overheating, try playing with case openre-install video card drivers, learn to use nHancer
I'll check inside my computer.I have reinstalled my driver and tried many different versions, but still the same problem. And I'm using nHancer, and even tried without it.