Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

Need Simicons' ID

Can you please give me the ID for the Simicons that come with default so I can use them in panels...Ie: GPS=GPS_PANELWhat are the overhead etc etc etc IDs?Please, I need them soon

Can you please give me the ID for the Simicons that come with default so I can use them in panels...Ie: GPS=GPS_PANELWhat are the overhead etc etc etc IDs?Please, I need them soon
I assume you have the Simicons Cab file in your gauges folder, so easiest for you would be to copy (not Cut !!!! ) the Simicons cab file to your desktop or any location where you do your flight sim "work", in the same location make a folder ( name is not important but simicons would do for this ), now right click on the cab file and "open" ( do not "extract" , once open do a crtl A to select all files and select "copy". Next open the folder you created and paste into the folder you created. This will allow you to read the IDs and also if you need to you can Right click on the xml files i.e. OVERHEAD ICON and select open with and use notepad to read the body of xml gauge file. With this little exercise you will be able to see some of what is necessary to edit or create your own icons or xml gauges. This is sort of scratching the surface. Anyway you'll have what you requested right on your PC for future reference.Hope this helps and is what you are looking for.best regards,Mel

Guest lgvpilot1
If you are using panel studio , then right click on the simicon and select edit this gauge.then in the top left panel expand the gauge branch until you see mouse , then click .this will give you the ID numberEDIT I think the default simicon for the gps is 225 , best to check thoughHope it helpsMark

Ohk, ive copied the cab file somewhere extracted it and changed the name of neccesary files so they read ".txt". then I open and see the IDENT number. I think it should work...

Guest lgvpilot1
This might be of help....regards,Joe
"Yoink" :( Thanks JoeMark