Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

FS2004 Airport Beacons visible in distance

Eric,I was involved in the beta, and I am ashamed that you worded your question into what amounts to an attack on Bruce. Simmers outside of the beta will inevitably see the gold release through peers and friends with legit copies, and I readily believe what Bruce says--although I admit being initially curious and sharing my concerns with my peers, OFFLINE. Please keep in mind--there is no NDA covering people who see FS2004 and choose to report on it. Bruce didn't come in here and condone a pirated copy of FS2004, nor did he come in and post a bunch of screenshots. He just came in with a very positive post. Better than the person who came in to troll the other day, or the people who come in hyping systems equal to Crays--scaring off a large segment of our community. Personally, I think you owe Bruce a BIG apology, and perhaps the rest of the testing team as well--we're not the Gestapo, and I don't think you speak on behalf of us.-John

Eric,your reply is simply ridiculous for number of reasons. First in a rather beligerent tone you assume that Bruce was not a beta tester. You were lucky - he was not. Then you make another hasty assumption that if he spent 30 mins with the product he must have stole it or aquired it illegally. Hey - I can tell you who is the centerfold in the latest issue of the Playboy mag. and neither I bought nor I stole the copy.Bruce gave us one hell of a good info and we thank him for this. Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

John and Michael,Thanks for the support! :-)It was a bit of a surprise that Eric jumped on me, I'll admit that.I was pretty jazzed about seeing the new features and wanted to share some news. However, now that I've thought about it, I realize that the timing of my posting isn't the same as when non-testers talked about FS2004 when they returned from E-3 or Oshkosh. I always use my real name, so it wouldn't take much effort to see I wasn't on the list.However, knowing the facts before making accusations would be more prudent, especially with a user that has bought every version of FS since the first in 1982 (still have every one of them on the bookshelf - sort of a nostalgia collection). ;-)John, that's cool that you used MFR as your default start during testing and it ain't too bad of a place to live either!Thanks again,Bruce