Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lliaudais

TileProxy and the Mach Loop

I just "discovered" the Mach Loop the other day and have 'been there' ever since...Since this is where enthusiasts photograph the RAF in low level flight training I thought I'd visit...and just to make it more "interesting", I created 5 fixed location cameras for the area... a couple are the same places the real photographers shoot from.Check the sites below for more information and maps. You can start a flight at EGOD (no pun intended) just a couple of km up the coast.Pennyfour's TileProxy flight around the Mach Loophttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5E7bGExICE...feature=channelReal Aircraft in The LoopMach Loop - July 08http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcbHKafEaUs&feature=fvwLow Fly Waleshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NadyirHsGmw...feature=related--------------------------------------Mach Loop related sites for more information and mapshttp://lowfly.net/index.htmlhttp://www.warplane.co.uk/Wales.htmA fixed location camera is similar to a tower camera, only you set the location anywhere you want. The cameras can be placed in the cameras.cfg and every A/C would have access to them. They can be added to the Aircraft.cfg (added at the bottom is just fine) OR they can be edited into a saved flight ( but they disappear if you re-save that flight).To my way of thinking, inside the Aircraft.cfg is the simplest - you can adjust the location; resave the cfg; reload the aircraft and the cameras are at the adjusted location immediately.So, for your flying enjoyment: five cameras for the Mach Loop. Adjust definition numbers as needed.[CameraDefinition.01]Title = Loop Camera 1Guid = {835BFC1C-1A03-994A-A176-49318FEB094E}Description = Loop Camera 1Origin = FixedInstancedBased = No;SnapPbhAdjust = None;PanPbhAdjust = Swivel;PanPbhReturn = False//PanPbhAdjust = NoneTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = YesShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CustomFixedLatitude=N52.590942FixedLongitude=W3.883406FixedAltitude=93InitialPbh=0, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.02]Title = Loop Camera 2Guid = {5F1E4D99-C620-4145-97F8-E350CD9AAFE4}Description = Loop camera 2Origin = FixedInstancedBased = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = False//PanPbhAdjust = NoneTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = YesShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CustomFixedLatitude=N52.718380FixedLongitude=W3.681531FixedAltitude=170InitialPbh=0, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.03]Title = Loop Camera 3Guid = {B35BFD3C-2DBD-4b24-91FC-3EDA248F2886}Description = Loop camera 3Origin = FixedInstancedBased = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = False//PanPbhAdjust = NoneTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = YesShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CustomFixedLatitude=N52.737507FixedLongitude=W3.774047FixedAltitude=366InitialPbh=0, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.04]Title = Loop Camera 4Guid = {B11FCF44-1E41-4a5e-B394-F2E28F52E5EC}Description = Loop camera 4Origin = FixedInstancedBased = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = False//PanPbhAdjust = NoneTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = YesShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CustomFixedLatitude=N52.706326FixedLongitude=W3.848099FixedAltitude=327InitialPbh=0, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.05]Title = Loop Camera 5Guid = {FF821C90-8B35-475b-91EB-EC8AECA81985}Description = Loop camera 5Origin = FixedInstancedBased = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = False//PanPbhAdjust = NoneTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUETransition = YesShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CustomFixedLatitude=N52.62430FixedLongitude=W3.847372FixedAltitude=80InitialPbh=0, 0, 0Loyd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Loyd, thats a great idea, and thank you for the work doing the cameras.I had a look at the area, but could not seem to find imagery at great resolution. Service 1 seemed to take forever to update when I was looking at the area in flash earth. Can you get 1.2m resolution there? I guess 2.4m would be ok for some fastt jet work, I was using my L-39 the other day over colorado, at speeds up to 250 kts and tile proxy still looked awesome. Will post some shots later..Does anyone have a map or overlay of the actual route of the "loop" ? Cheers,Mark

Hey, check this out, here I am doing a loop in the loop in the loop !!!!!!!2009-11-16_21-24-38-500.jpgLoyd is right, this is awesome fun once you get it set up right , great scenery from tile proxy....