Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sims

FS2004 XML : Move aircraft to...

Guest Sims

Hi, Is there an XML that will allow me to move my aircraft to a certain location?There seem to be just about everything I need apart from actually moving to a certain position.Does anybody know how that could be achieved?Failing that, looking at the Gauge SDK there is some code related to the GPS, (adding waypoints and so on), is it possible to move the aircraft to one of the waypoint in the GPS?Many thanks in advanceSimon

In principle, setting the XML parameters PLANE LATITUDE and PLANE LONGITUDE to the new values might do what you want.However, there are other parameters such as PLANE ALT ABOVE GROUND, PLANE ALTITUDE, PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, MAGVAR, and GROUND ALTITUDE etc that will need to be changed. It's not obvious that the simulator would necessarily automatically update these following changes to the parameters PLANE LATITUDE and PLANE LONGITUDE.

Guest Sims
In principle, setting the XML parameters PLANE LATITUDE and PLANE LONGITUDE to the new values might do what you want.However, there are other parameters such as PLANE ALT ABOVE GROUND, PLANE ALTITUDE, PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, MAGVAR, and GROUND ALTITUDE etc that will need to be changed. It's not obvious that the simulator would necessarily automatically update these following changes to the parameters PLANE LATITUDE and PLANE LONGITUDE.
Hi, That does not seem to work, "(10000)(>A:PLANE ALT ABOVE GROUND, foot)" does not work, and neither does "(10000)(>A:PLANE ALTITUDE, foot)"If I remember correctly you cannot set any of the "A:" values, so there must be another way. So ">A:PLANE LATITUDE" and so on will not work either.Is there another way to do it?ThanksSimon

I suspected that those variables may be read-only. I don't know of any other way. Others, with more knowledge, might.

Using XML only? Not a chance.The only method would be to use a C gauge and FSUIPC in FS2004.For FSX of course you could use C and SimConnect.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Sims
Using XML only? Not a chance.The only method would be to use a C gauge and FSUIPC in FS2004.For FSX of course you could use C and SimConnect.
Hum, I saw that it was possible to do it with FSUIPC, (I even did it using the SDK provided).Only I was wondering how it could be done without using FSUIPC itself?Surely it is not impossible, many other apps do it all the time, (If I recall, FSNavigator used to do it as well without FSUIPC).So there must be a way.Any C programmer feel like giving a hint :( , (via PM maybe)? I can see that offsets 0x20ce3560 and 0x20ce3568 contain the latitude/longitude values, but I don't seem able to actually _set_ those values.What am I missing here?Many thanksSimon

Flight sim variables are read-only.There are a bunch of KEY_ definitions used for setting variables in FS.Anything not covered by those are literally hacks.... of which FSUIPC offers a lot of.However... XML isn't going to do it. At all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69