Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Advanced Simulation

I noticed that a thread that linked to a video made by someone showing an FTX airport was deleted. I imagine that such praise must have ruffled someone's feathers fairly high on the food chain. I have not seen other threads thrown out when other add-ons were praised by non commercial members. If we have to be careful not to express either our delight or our disappointment with products and programs here in these forums, what works, and what doesn't, then what is the point?Such decided satisfaction and exuberance might be discouraged as unseeming, but, IMHO, there is nothing else that even begins to approach the level of excellence in FS as attained by FTX - not even close. I can't be bothered flying anywhere but Australia, at least until they release FTX Pacific Northwest. I don't intend to be unkind, and I am appreciative of earlier efforts, but non FTX areas, with or without replacement textures, just looks far too phony and Mickey Mouse.Truth be known I think that FTX probably equals or exceeds what might have come down the road with FX12, two full generations after the original FSX product, and substantially beyond even what was invisioned for the cancelled FX11 version. I think that the only people who would completely disagree with me are those with vested interest in something else, or those who do not have FTX, or the equipment to run it, and therefore don't care or know any better.That does not mean that I am an ORBX a really excited user, for I have no other connection with FTX other than loyalty derived from simple satisfaction. The fact is, ORBX deserves our support because they have have earned it the hard way by delivering far, far more for the simulation scenery addon dollar than anyone else, period (IMHO). I challenge others to rise above petty jealousy and resentments and run not just to catch up , but to pass them.Like others suggested in the deleted thread, download their demo FTX AU Blue for Tasmania at http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html to experience a taste of what it is like to fly in such a real life-like world. If giving such a strong endorsement and sharing my excitement for excellence is unwelcome, then delete this thread also, but at least let it be equally appled to anyone else that says yea or nay to anything sold to anyone. Stephen

Looks like I'm going to have to answer this twice.There's no feathers ruffled, and absolutely no reason for the thread being temporarily hidden other than the fact that it was a violation of the AVSIM rules for posting videos. I have prepared a PM to the OP explaining why it had to be removed and how to correct the problem so that the thread can continue if he so chooses. Unfortunately I seem to be having issues with my PMs today, but will get it fixed up and message sent so that we can resolve this. There's no need for any speculation as it is really just as simple as I explained it. The thread can continue after the author of the video makes a modification to adhere to the posting rules.