Sign in to follow this  
turnandbank

Upgraded X-plane to 9.40 and Frame Rates have tanked.

Has anyone else had problems with extremely low framerates after upgrading to 9.40. Even after turning rendering options down to practically nothing frames just crawl along like a slide show. Xplane was as smooth as silk for me @9.22 and slowed a little @9.31, but now it is absolutely unuseable. Unfortunately I did not copy my Xplane folder prior to upgrade so I can not roll back - except to 9.0 from the CD and then some of my addon aircraft won't work. It's frustrating that Xplane doesn't have a means of rolling back to an earlier version when upgrades go afoul. Just wondering if I'm the only one with this problem or if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.MartinQ6600GO @3.2GHZGigabyte P35-DS3R4GB PC8500 Gskill Ram 5-5-5-12 @ 1065mhz 8800GT 512mb GRAPHICS CARDWD 320GB SATA DRIVECorsair 520Watt Modular Power SupplyVista 32 Home Premium SP1FSX, UTX, GEX, FEX, FTX, LDS763, Realair SF260, +++++++++Xplane 9.40

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Has anyone else had problems with extremely low framerates after upgrading to 9.40.
Hmm... I suggest you file a bug report to developers:http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.htmlMarco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Not had any problems... FPS same for me. Does it happen with every aircraft?

Matthew S

Thanks for the comments. I removed all the plugins I added to Xplane and tried again. Considerable improvement, but still a much lower framerate than before. The frame counter doesn't go below 19fps and that is all I am getting at best, maybe less, however there is some improvement. When I have more time I'll put the plugins back in 1 at a time to see which one is causing the most trouble. As a fairly new Xplane user am beginning to understand the frustration many have with the continuous upgrades "breaking" addons.Martin

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Hi Martin !Did you enable VSync in your graphic driver, and lock the framerates in the Rendering Options ? If yes then try to remove one of the locks.Good luck and happy flying.