Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest vladfedot

NIght lights/cabin lights

Please helpppp:)I have spend thousaands of dllars to upgrade to FSX and new machine, yet I cant get a very simple thing to work: all my downloaded aircraft do not exhibit cabin light and external light at night. This is SO frustrating...I have copied all effects in to teh effects folder , yet to no avail.I will really appreciate help .

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#1 :: The answer I'd suggest is to uninstall FSX and remove all the files in the Program Files folder related to FSX. Then do a clean install with NO add-ons. **This is not the most exciting or easiest solution, but it will help you eliminate if it's an add-on causing the issue.**After that run the default aircraft and check to see if the interior cockpit and and exterior lights come on. If they do then maybe an add-on for your FSX caused a problem that hurt everything else.#2 :: When you have the problem with no interior and exterior lights, do you have any of the other lights' switches turned on? I know that the Bell helicopter's and I think the Cessna's cabin and exterior lights would not come on until a beacon/position/strobe lights were switched on. After I would hit the switch the cockpits likes and the exterior lighting would come on too. I have seen this with some free ware commercial add ons too.Lastly, if you problem is an FSX issue you can try posting in the FSX forum. They might have a documented solution if this is popular FSX solution. I don't know if FSX and FS9 handle the lights differently.Good luck!

HelloI bet you don't have to reinstall FSX.I have had this problem with FS9.I am no expert on this,but the solution in my case was quite simple.Some downloaded aircraft need to have something called 'alpha channel' added to there night textures if these are not present then no night lighting will show on your aircraft.I am sure somebody(OPA perhaps)can point you in the right direction.I would hang fire on a reinstall till you check this out.cheers Andy