Sign in to follow this  
PilotGW

PMDG 737 is it worth it?

Guest Rich

Who are you talking to? Your question was answered! Please don't tell me to control myself.

>Cars have a lot more R&D put into it, and are a matter of>life and death.But what about radios, TV-sets, videorecorders, cameras etc...if they were as buggy as software nobody would buy them!!!>Even the major Operating Systems (including Linux/Unix) are>buggy. Are you going to stop buying them?>>Most development houses strive to cover all possible>scenarios. But when you are working on a project as complex>as the PMDG with the limited resources (time, money, and man>power) then bugs will be part of the release. It is>inevitable. But some of the PMDG 737-bugs (especially the FMC) are so obvious and certainly not system-dependent that it is almost unbelievable no one noticed them before release!>>Speaking of arrogance, sounds like the arrogance shifted to>the users - gimme everything now and pefect! or I'll go get>an illegal copy, complain anyway while not paying a dime.Well, I guess the software-companies also say "give me your money, NOW and at once - the FULL PRICE, please, not only a part of it (and the rest a few weeks later when the patch is out and the software finally is working)"!!!Why is it, that it is considered to be normal nowadays that a software does not work as advertised???Probably the software-developers spend all their time trying to figure out a security-system instead of developing really good software!

I bought the PMDG 737NG a few days ago and I can honestly say that even with the issues it currently has (and ARE being resolved) it is still better then any other 737 I own without issues.And that is saying a lot.....especially since I'm an anal retentive nit-picker. :-lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hey...I kinda feel like you... only I wouldn't express myself in such a harsh maner... I have to concur tough that is was the first of a long list of payware that I've bought that...1-Wasn't delivered and used in the day it was payed2-gave me a hardtime trying to get him3-Upon completion of instalation, still behaved like a not paid one (10 day grace period :( )4-came with a full set of bugs5-was noticeably rushed out to the market6-Prevented me the full use of the capabilities due to inacuracies7-Broke the bank! 8-Compared to is pairs the packadge is incomplete, missing important items, that will be provided in a future (payed) upgrade, I.E the base version will never be a complete one. I had better for lessAlso It has some virtues... Amazing internal/external visualsAmazing flight characteristicsAmazing glideslope capture The things that kept me from requesting a refund were the very good suport of the developers, the waranty of a patch within days, the name behind the name, (PMDG are well established in the market with good products), and my belife that this project has a huge potencial provided that time and the resorces are alocated to him. BUT, if the patch proves to be inefective regarding the large majority of problems identifyed, and if it fails to give me the satisfaction that I seek with this product, then I will certainly request a refund....Jos