Sign in to follow this  
Guest macdawg

aircraft liveries

Guest macdawg

Good day to all! I am having trouble with adding & deleting textures. I have the CLS DC-10 collection in the Just Flight F-Lite boxed version installed and everything is working fine except my liveries for this aircraft. I have deleted unwanted texture folders from the aircraft folder as well as removed the [flightsim.xx] text from the aircraft.cfg. when I restart FS9 and select my DC-10 the aircraft manufacturer, model and variation text still appears and the aicraft preview screen either shows blank (black), or shows the DC-10 with plain white (paintkit) textures. I have added & removed textures from my other aircraft with no problems, so I am not sure if this is a windows7 issue or a CLS / JustFlight issue. I will post this to their respective sites as well. Thanks for any help, MATT.P.S. I tried to upload screen shots but they were 5.04MB each and exceded the attachments upload size.

Good day to all! I am having trouble with adding & deleting textures. I have the CLS DC-10 collection in the Just Flight F-Lite boxed version installed and everything is working fine except my liveries for this aircraft. I have deleted unwanted texture folders from the aircraft folder as well as removed the [flightsim.xx] text from the aircraft.cfg. when I restart FS9 and select my DC-10 the aircraft manufacturer, model and variation text still appears and the aicraft preview screen either shows blank (black), or shows the DC-10 with plain white (paintkit) textures. I have added & removed textures from my other aircraft with no problems, so I am not sure if this is a windows7 issue or a CLS / JustFlight issue. I will post this to their respective sites as well. Thanks for any help, MATT.P.S. I tried to upload screen shots but they were 5.04MB each and exceded the attachments upload size.
I know you stated that you have succesfully done this sort of thing before but..........1. Do you have the Win 7 version of UAC (User Account Control) turned off so that edits you make are indeed recognized?2. When you edited the aircraft.cfg file (removed various unwanted liveries) did you maintain a consecutive fltsim numbering sequence? And did you check for any duplicate title= names (they must be unique) ?3. Is the texture= line referring to the correct spelling of the texture which is to be used? 4. and last but not least, does the sim= line refer to an .air file which actually exists in the folder?Example: sim=Boeing737-400 - there must be an air file named Boeing737-400.air in that aircraft's folder.Simple things to check but sometimes it is the simple things that we tend to overlook.Hope that helps.

Guest macdawg
I know you stated that you have succesfully done this sort of thing before but..........1. Do you have the Win 7 version of UAC (User Account Control) turned off so that edits you make are indeed recognized?2. When you edited the aircraft.cfg file (removed various unwanted liveries) did you maintain a consecutive fltsim numbering sequence? And did you check for any duplicate title= names (they must be unique) ?3. Is the texture= line referring to the correct spelling of the texture which is to be used? 4. and last but not least, does the sim= line refer to an .air file which actually exists in the folder?Example: sim=Boeing737-400 - there must be an air file named Boeing737-400.air in that aircraft's folder.Simple things to check but sometimes it is the simple things that we tend to overlook.Hope that helps.
Thanks David! once again to the rescue,as you have answered my questions a time or two in the past. It was indeed the Win 7 UAC. Thanks again sir! MATT

Hi,I read several posts here and there about this kind of problem, because I had the same. Installed some new aircraft liveries, correctly added into the aircraft folder and into the Aircraft.cfg.When I launch the FS9.exe files I see them (but not some sceneries activated when I launched the simulator as user), while not when I launch the program as user. I set up my own user as administrator and full controls on every FS9 root folder file. Is it not enough? Should I have only to switch off W7 UAC? Is there another way to fix this problem?I am not so happy to switch off W7 UAC any time I install some scenery or livery and then switch it on again.Thanks bye.p.s.: Anyway, I don't understand why many installed liveries (I don't know if everyone) are recognized when I launch the simulator as admin and only some of them (some, not no one) when I launch as user... :(

Hi,I read several posts here and there about this kind of problem, because I had the same. Installed some new aircraft liveries, correctly added into the aircraft folder and into the Aircraft.cfg.When I launch the FS9.exe files I see them (but not some sceneries activated when I launched the simulator as user), while not when I launch the program as user. I set up my own user as administrator and full controls on every FS9 root folder file. Is it not enough? Should I have only to switch off W7 UAC? Is there another way to fix this problem?I am not so happy to switch off W7 UAC any time I install some scenery or livery and then switch it on again.Thanks bye.
On the shortcut which starts FS2004 (FS9) is it set to run as adminstrator also?

On the shortcut which starts FS2004 (FS9) is it set to run as adminstrator also?
The shortcut's security options are set up with full controls for my own user. Now some installed liveries are not visible when I launch the simulator as admin too (one hour ago they were). Furthermore, when I launch the simulator as admin, UAC control ask me if continue or not, an illogical and weird thing because I told it to run with admin privileges... I am very frustrated! Now going to bed, this evening I have lost many hours for nothing...Bye.

The shortcut's security options are set up with full controls for my own user. Now some installed liveries are not visible when I launch the simulator as admin too (one hour ago they were). Furthermore, when I launch the simulator as admin, UAC control ask me if continue or not, an illogical and weird thing because I told it to run with admin privileges... I am very frustrated! Now going to bed, this evening I have lost many hours for nothing...Bye.
From what many other experts tell me, many of the "headaches" associted with Vista or Win 7 "security" can be minimized by not installing FS under Program files. They all recommend installing it to a simple folder such as C:\Games or just C:\FSX or C:FS2004.Apparently the security is much greater on anything installed under Program files - at least that is what I have been told by many who know a great deal more than I about the subject.You say you have enabled adminstrator rights on all folders and subfolder on your installation. Did you also set those on the folder and files which are located in the Application data folder? That would be easy to overlook.Good luck.

A real expert in these matters, Reggie Fields, has just posted a very informative review of the security issues which Vista and Win 7 exhibit.http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthrea...401736#poststopIf you are having security (permission) issues or are considering installing FS into either Vista or Win 7, I urge you to take the time to read his post.

Thanks a lot David, your comments were very appreciated. Read the post you linked and I am thinking to change che folder destination to another one not in Program Files folder, probably the best option if this action warrant me to fix the problem. I hope, cross fingers.However, without a new time spending installation I want only move the FS9 folder out of the Program files folder and run the FS9 registry fix (available at Flight1.com). Is this procedure correct or should I execute a new installation?Thanks bye.RR

Thanks a lot David, your comments were very appreciated. Read the post you linked and I am thinking to change che folder destination to another one not in Program Files folder, probably the best option if this action warrant me to fix the problem. I hope, cross fingers.However, without a new time spending installation I want only move the FS9 folder out of the Program files folder and run the FS9 registry fix (available at Flight1.com). Is this procedure correct or should I execute a new installation?Thanks bye.RR
Please understand that I do not pretend to be an expert in these matters - I defer to folks such as Reggie.That being said, your idea sounds logical - if it does not work, then you can go the new installation route. Any payware aircraft or scenery you have currently installed might be problematic but I would think the default stuff should accept the "move".Good luck, whatever way you decide to go.

Please understand that I do not pretend to be an expert in these matters - I defer to folks such as Reggie.That being said, your idea sounds logical - if it does not work, then you can go the new installation route. Any payware aircraft or scenery you have currently installed might be problematic but I would think the default stuff should accept the "move".Good luck, whatever way you decide to go.
it does not work, then I have unistalled PMDG and now I am not able to reinstall the 700-800 because the system doesn't see the 600-700 installed!!!I am thinking that W7 has huge problems about registry updates...Because I run FS9 registry repair to setup the new folder of FS9 and when I try to install some new liveries the installer doesn't recognize the new folder... In Windows XP this procedure was ok. :(