Sign in to follow this  
eriksenp

AI question

Two airports. one plane....AC#1,N93559,1%,4HR,VFR,15:00:00,15:18:53, 20 ,R,500,KEVY,17:00:00,17:18:53, 10 ,R,500,6565 is an addon airport. When the plane came back to the origin airport (65) he did a go-around and then decided to land. On final he just disappeared. Any thoughts? I am doing this just for fun so it's no biggie. Thanks, Paul.

Check the add-on with AFCAD paying particular attention to enough parking and runway start locations. Make sure the parking radius is OK for that aircraft. Run the aircraft fault finder for broken links to insure there are no items causing stuck AI at that airport or inability to reach a parking area. Are there any other aircraft using that add-on perhaps from other traffic files? Does an overhead view (in FS) show any other aircraft taking up parking? Is 65 also a default airport?The weather per your AI plan must be VFR at both airports so if it deteriorates to IFR at destination the aircraft will not be allowed to land

Two airports. one plane....AC#1,N93559,1%,4HR,VFR,15:00:00,15:18:53, 20 ,R,500,KEVY,17:00:00,17:18:53, 10 ,R,500,6565 is an addon airport. When the plane came back to the origin airport (65) he did a go-around and then decided to land. On final he just disappeared. Any thoughts? I am doing this just for fun so it's no biggie. Thanks, Paul.

There has to be a valid runway at the destination airport, or it won't land. But it appears that the plane has already taken off from 65, so the airport appears to be OK?My guess is that there is high terrain on the approach path to 65, and the plane does not get down to the runway in time?Hope this helps,

I tried this several times and it seems that the plane keeps increasing altitude as it approaches. I have the alt set at 2000 but it keeps going up. It enters downwind and still keeps going up. It announces base and final but then goes around. Then it runs out of time and disappears. Odd. I havent tried a stock aircraft like a 172. I will do that and see what happens. Thanks.. Paul

AC#1,N93559,1%,4HR,VFR,15:00:00,15:18:53, 20 ,R,500,KEVY,17:00:00,17:18:53, 10 ,R,500,65It looks like you have the return leg at 1,000 MSL. What is the airport MSL.

I tried this several times and it seems that the plane keeps increasing altitude as it approaches. I have the alt set at 2000 but it keeps going up. It enters downwind and still keeps going up. It announces base and final but then goes around. Then it runs out of time and disappears. Odd. I havent tried a stock aircraft like a 172. I will do that and see what happens. Thanks.. Paul

apt msl is 50 feet. I tried a stock airplane and it enters the runway and doesn't take off. I'll wotk on it. thanks

Hi,That symptom often means you don't have an AFCAD red hold short node within 225 feet of the runway surface, or you don't have a black runway center taxi line. Or you are trying to get the plane to enter a blast pad (chevrons) - that's not counted by FS as a real "runway surface".Hope this helps,