Sign in to follow this  
ahaka

FSX virtual cockpit head wobbles even after disabling momentum effect

Hello everyone,Am I the only one experiencing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweTT0VvUi0Even after setting all the dynamic head movement values to 0 in fsx.cfg and disabling momentum effect in all cameras? It's really annoying and ruins the immersion in VC. It does not only occur during turns on ground, but also in air, making flying difficult.

Hello everyone,Am I the only one experiencing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweTT0VvUi0Even after setting all the dynamic head movement values to 0 in fsx.cfg and disabling momentum effect in all cameras? It's really annoying and ruins the immersion in VC. It does not only occur during turns on ground, but also in air, making flying difficult.
I say these settings ... but not sure which file they are in.[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000MaxHeadAngle=0.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.000000HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000

Yep, those are all at 0, but still getting that camera movement. Starting to loose hope here...

Yep, those are all at 0, but still getting that camera movement. Starting to loose hope here...
Are you panning around intentionally in that video?If not it looks like you have a slew command (rotate right) assigned to a controller axis (or button) or the mouse. Open FSX, go to controller options, look in upper right hand corner and you'll see 2 boxes, one will be Slew. Put a checkmark in the box and look at each controllers and the mouse assignments. Delete all slew assignment of any axis (the mouse most likely suspect) for all controllers. See if that helps.

Frank L.T

I am slewing intentionally in the video to quickly demonstrate the unwanted effect I'm talking about. However, it does not only occur when slewing. It occurs when turning on the ground and when turning in flight, especially when pulling some Gs.

I am slewing intentionally in the video to quickly demonstrate the unwanted effect I'm talking about. However, it does not only occur when slewing. It occurs when turning on the ground and when turning in flight, especially when pulling some Gs.
That is strange. I know sometimes deleting fsx.CFG and allowing it to rebuild solves some mysterious issues with FSX in general. I'm not sure if the Cameras.CFG would rebuild the same way or not and I would see if you can get confirmation from someone else before attempting. If it would that could be a last resort.Perhaps an X-Y pot or gimbal assembly on your stick or yoke gone bad.You might also want to check dead zone settings in both FSX and any controller software you might have to see if there is a conflict. I keep my FSX settings at maximum sensitivity (fully right slider I think) and dead zone at minimum (fully left slider), and make all those adjustments with (in my case), CH Products Control Manager software.

Frank L.T

For what its worth, I have never successfully been able to completely remove the head panning effect either. Obviously, in actual flight it is much more subtle than in the video, so it does not bother me much.