Sign in to follow this  
davetfc

PMDG 737 NG in FS9 on a Windows 7-64bit Home Premium

Hi,I've recently upgraded my laptop PC from Windows Vista 64 to Windows 7 64 Home Premium. I've done a completely new installation of my FS9 without any problems. I also have Active Sky 6.5 installed, up and running. I also installed the PMDG 737 NG ver 1.3 and here I encountered the following symptoms. I can set up a flight and program the FMC with a route and SIDS. Everything works fine. I can start the engines, taxi and take off without any problems. Once airbourne I activate VNAV & LNAV and here is the problem. The auto pilot does not do anything. The aircraft just keeps flying straight ahead and does not follow the flight plan programmed into the FMC. The route is visible on the navigational display, but the a/c is not following the displayed route. I tried clicking on the HDG button and changing the heading with the dial, but although the change in heading is visible in the navigational display, the a/c does not turn! It just flies on on the current heading. What also weird is that if I click on the auto pilot disconnect bar (or push Z) I see the disconnect button move, but the auto pilot disconnect sound is not played.This problem persists even after I have installed the 800/900 add-on and the 800/900 model + service updates. I have tried completely removing PMDG 737 with the removal tool and reinstalling serveral times without any success. Every time the same symptoms occurs. Can fly around manually, but auto pilot does not function. Every installation of FS9 and PMDG has been done under compatibility mode (Win XP SP2 - visual themes deactivated - desktop features deactivated - screen adjustment for higher DPI deactivated - run as administrator selected). I've even completely de-installed PMDG 737 and FS9 and started from scratch with the same results each time.The auto pilot does function normally with the other aircraft in FS9. Up till now the disfunctional auto pilot symptom occurs only in PMDG 737!In my last attempt I even followed the advice, which I found in another post in this forum, from Ryan Maziarz (PMDG support) by re-installing FS9 in another folder other than the standard "Program Files (x86)" folder. FS9 is now installed in its own folder "C:\Flight Sim\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9". I am now completely at a loss as this last attempt did not resolve the problem either. I've now run out of ideas and I'm hoping someone here on the forum can shed some light and point me in the right direction.RegardsDave

Hi,I've recently upgraded my laptop PC from Windows Vista 64 to Windows 7 64 Home Premium. I've done a completely new installation of my FS9 without any problems. I also have Active Sky 6.5 installed, up and running. I also installed the PMDG 737 NG ver 1.3 and here I encountered the following symptoms. I can set up a flight and program the FMC with a route and SIDS. Everything works fine. I can start the engines, taxi and take off without any problems. Once airbourne I activate VNAV & LNAV and here is the problem. The auto pilot does not do anything. The aircraft just keeps flying straight ahead and does not follow the flight plan programmed into the FMC. The route is visible on the navigational display, but the a/c is not following the displayed route. I tried clicking on the HDG button and changing the heading with the dial, but although the change in heading is visible in the navigational display, the a/c does not turn! It just flies on on the current heading. What also weird is that if I click on the auto pilot disconnect bar (or push Z) I see the disconnect button move, but the auto pilot disconnect sound is not played.This problem persists even after I have installed the 800/900 add-on and the 800/900 model + service updates. I have tried completely removing PMDG 737 with the removal tool and reinstalling serveral times without any success. Every time the same symptoms occurs. Can fly around manually, but auto pilot does not function. Every installation of FS9 and PMDG has been done under compatibility mode (Win XP SP2 - visual themes deactivated - desktop features deactivated - screen adjustment for higher DPI deactivated - run as administrator selected). I've even completely de-installed PMDG 737 and FS9 and started from scratch with the same results each time.The auto pilot does function normally with the other aircraft in FS9. Up till now the disfunctional auto pilot symptom occurs only in PMDG 737!In my last attempt I even followed the advice, which I found in another post in this forum, from Ryan Maziarz (PMDG support) by re-installing FS9 in another folder other than the standard "Program Files (x86)" folder. FS9 is now installed in its own folder "C:\Flight Sim\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9". I am now completely at a loss as this last attempt did not resolve the problem either. I've now run out of ideas and I'm hoping someone here on the forum can shed some light and point me in the right direction.Regards hi Dave, i dont pretend to have the answer to your problem, but this is just a thought. if your hard drive was completely cleaned tis possible you may have overlooked the fact that you may not have a current FSUIPC installed and if you previously had keystrokes programmed in your yoke for LNAV and VNAV they wont work without FSUIPC. hope this helps. richard welshDave

Guest jwad
Hi,I've recently upgraded my laptop PC from Windows Vista 64 to Windows 7 64 Home Premium. I've done a completely new installation of my FS9 without any problems. I also have Active Sky 6.5 installed, up and running. I also installed the PMDG 737 NG ver 1.3 and here I encountered the following symptoms. I can set up a flight and program the FMC with a route and SIDS. Everything works fine. I can start the engines, taxi and take off without any problems. Once airbourne I activate VNAV & LNAV and here is the problem. The auto pilot does not do anything. The aircraft just keeps flying straight ahead and does not follow the flight plan programmed into the FMC. The route is visible on the navigational display, but the a/c is not following the displayed route. I tried clicking on the HDG button and changing the heading with the dial, but although the change in heading is visible in the navigational display, the a/c does not turn! It just flies on on the current heading. What also weird is that if I click on the auto pilot disconnect bar (or push Z) I see the disconnect button move, but the auto pilot disconnect sound is not played.This problem persists even after I have installed the 800/900 add-on and the 800/900 model + service updates. I have tried completely removing PMDG 737 with the removal tool and reinstalling serveral times without any success. Every time the same symptoms occurs. Can fly around manually, but auto pilot does not function. Every installation of FS9 and PMDG has been done under compatibility mode (Win XP SP2 - visual themes deactivated - desktop features deactivated - screen adjustment for higher DPI deactivated - run as administrator selected). I've even completely de-installed PMDG 737 and FS9 and started from scratch with the same results each time.The auto pilot does function normally with the other aircraft in FS9. Up till now the disfunctional auto pilot symptom occurs only in PMDG 737!In my last attempt I even followed the advice, which I found in another post in this forum, from Ryan Maziarz (PMDG support) by re-installing FS9 in another folder other than the standard "Program Files (x86)" folder. FS9 is now installed in its own folder "C:\Flight Sim\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9". I am now completely at a loss as this last attempt did not resolve the problem either. I've now run out of ideas and I'm hoping someone here on the forum can shed some light and point me in the right direction.RegardsDave
probably a dumb question but did you turn the autopilot on before pressing LNAV and VNAV? This is done by pressing the CMDA button or A on your keyboard.

probably a dumb question but did you turn the autopilot on before pressing LNAV and VNAV? This is done by pressing the CMDA button or A on your keyboard.
Posts need to be signed with your full name otherwise it may be locked or deleted. Do you have the generators on? If this and the post above doesn't help, please provide a screen shot so we can take a look.