Sign in to follow this  
stweaver321

Centurion Lost Power during Climb

Hi, I just bought the FSX Cessna Centurion and was on my maiden flight. I was climbing through 7,500ft when suddenly I lost power to my engine and was not able to maintain altitude. At around 3,000ft, I regained full power. I had Pitot heat turned on and was leaning fuel mixture during climb. Any thoughts? Is there another anti-ice option beside the pitot heat? :( After regaining power, I climbed back up to 10,000ft without incident.Thanks,StaceyFS9 + SP WinXP SP3 ASA FSPassengers

Hi StaceyCarenado don't offer a FSX Centurion. I see your footnote states FS9, so maybe it's the FS9 version you refer to (which was a FS2002 model originally). There is no Carb heat, and you can discount running a tank dry as the aircraft restarted without a tank change. I assume you leaned during the climb using the EGT as a reference. Long shot here - Maybe if it happens again, try selecting Carb Heat from the keypad? The C210 has fuel injection and therefore has no carburettor, but maybe some of the code uses Carburettor settings from other models and this is the problem. Might be worth a try? It's difficult to know as the second climb worked without incident.RgdsGary

Hi StaceyCarenado don't offer a FSX Centurion. I see your footnote states FS9, so maybe it's the FS9 version you refer to (which was a FS2002 model originally).
Yes, you're correct. It was the FS9 Centurion.There could have been an FSPassenger failure going on, but I wanted to see if maybe there was something else going on. I once had the same thing happen on a freeware C414 and discovered that there was a somewhat hidden anti-ice button that when turned on fixed the problem.Thanks for the comments.Stacey

One of the faults with FS9 - and FSX for that matter - is that despite fuel injection the sim still requires the application of carb heat to avoid carb icing.Go figure.Just use the default key commands for carb heat and you should be golden.