Sign in to follow this  
Guest marked1

fsx software install problem with crysis.exe

Guest marked1

I have recently changed my execute folder to crysis.exe to enable 3d vision indx10 mode however I am now unable to install any addons and of course I didnot make a record of the original info can anyone help me with this ?Thanks Mark.

You said... I have recently changed my execute folder to crysis.exe to enable 3d vision indx10 mode however I am now unable to install any addons and of course I didnot make a record of the original info can anyone help me with this ?First... a folder is a storage location where other files and folders are located.Second... and .exe is and executable file where it's contents are loaded in your computers memory and executed.Third.... dx10 preview mode is selected in FSX menus.... that is all you have to do.I for one am clueless as to what you really did ......

With FS9 you could always extract the original .exe from the CD's. With the DVD-mounted FSX installation this is no longer an option.Reinstall. And learn the lesson about backing up in future!But, like Jim I have truly no idea what you think you were achieving... FSX doesn't run without the presence of the .exe called, unsurprisingly, FSX.exe. If you have two executables running at the same time when they were not expressly designed to do so, to try to force some unsupported feature or other in the sim then frankly, you are truly on your own and should ALWAYS back EVERYTHING up! :(

Also manually changing folder names will also require registry entry modifications, to point to the new folders. The flight 1 registry fix tool could be of use here. Else you'll have to do it manually which is very dangerous unless you know what you are doing.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d