Sign in to follow this  
Aris11b

Vapor and Lighting

Have 2 questions about vapor and lighting.....How hard would it be to create in FSX, the vapor cone that is seen on military AC as they approach or past thru the sonic barrier, also is it possbile to add vapor across the tops of the wings ?Not off the wingtips mind you, but across the tops of the wings or leading edges as seen on these types of military AC when pulling high stress or G loads.I know Just Flights F-117 has a vapor effect across the wing when pulling high G's / stress loads, but it's the only AC in FSX I've seen so far.Next question on Dino's F-14, UKMIL's C-17, and the default FSX F/A-18 there are electroluminescent nav lights on these AC is this part of the model or in the config. file?Thanks for any comments regarding either.CheersAri

Anytime Baby !

I know I've added the sonic effect to an aircraft or two and moved misplaced wingtip vapors on several aircraft, but that was a few years ago. These days I pretty much live in the Christen Eagle II and I haven't messed with too many effects lately.This tomcat, however, is the Top Gun set from FS9... has wingtip vapor, engine smoke, over-the-wing vapor, sonic shock cloud. If it can show here it should be something that can be added to another aircraft - with some editing, of course. The engine smoke parameters in this model had to be reordered for correct positioning in FSX.I don't recall doing anything else to make it work in FSX... Panel isn't for FSX but I'm an 'outside' flier and it doesn't bother me.Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro