Sign in to follow this  
BuggSmasher

Displat Text missing data ie Climb Altitudes & Sqwark Frequencies !

Hi Guys,I have been using Radar Contact for about 3 months now with FS9. I have FSX installed as well, but havnt flown with RC4. Being a beginner I have felt more comfortable using the Display Text with ATC, and this has worked very well for me, until just recently. The last couple of days I have noticed that when I am cleared for Take off, the text display window will have all the correct text in context with the clearance, but the specific data such as the correct climb to altitude and Sqwark codes are now missing. They are included and said correctly in the Audio output !!I have been reading the forums to see if anyone else has had a simular problem, but this seemed unlikely? And I will add again that everything was working corectly up until just recently. Not keen to do any major re-instals of course, I upgarded to FSUIPC, Version 3.93.and I am also running RC Ver 4.3.3845. All on a Vista x64 OSKeen to do any trouble shooting or Debug reports to fix.Another question I might add is - should I evolve to Not using the Text Window and maybe enable the "Pilot Autoreply" as I have read and noticed encouragement to other users to emply? But would like to FIX my missing DATA fro Text display first.Great software and look forward to resolving these small issues in the meantime.Best regards Splash1

Hi Guys,I have been using Radar Contact for about 3 months now with FS9. I have FSX installed as well, but havnt flown with RC4. Being a beginner I have felt more comfortable using the Display Text with ATC, and this has worked very well for me, until just recently. The last couple of days I have noticed that when I am cleared for Take off, the text display window will have all the correct text in context with the clearance, but the specific data such as the correct climb to altitude and Sqwark codes are now missing. They are included and said correctly in the Audio output !!I have been reading the forums to see if anyone else has had a simular problem, but this seemed unlikely? And I will add again that everything was working corectly up until just recently. Not keen to do any major re-instals of course, I upgarded to FSUIPC, Version 3.93.and I am also running RC Ver 4.3.3845. All on a Vista x64 OSKeen to do any trouble shooting or Debug reports to fix.Another question I might add is - should I evolve to Not using the Text Window and maybe enable the "Pilot Autoreply" as I have read and noticed encouragement to other users to emply? But would like to FIX my missing DATA fro Text display first.Great software and look forward to resolving these small issues in the meantime.Best regards Splash1
is this about the "display text" option under RC, and that display not showing certain items? are you giving the display text window enough time to scroll through the whole dialog?or, do you have "display text" option turned off, and not seeing the information in the fsuipc window? i don't think the altitude or transponder code was ever displayed in the fsuipc window, with display text turned offjd

Hi JD,I am refering to the "display text" option with RC where "all messages from the controllers will be displayed in text."It still works the same and displays the controllers verbal communications as text---- EXCEPT NOW --- it leaves out the actual altitude and squawk code values.So for example: Instead of simply texting......"Climb five thousand feet".It now displays ......"Climb thousand feet". For the transponder codes it should display "Squawk 2345".But now just displayss "Squawk".Thus the actual values I am required to obtain are missimg from the text display!!However, the verbal statements from the controller are spot on and do contain the required altitudes and Transponder codes :)

Hi JD,Yes, I am refering to the "display text" option with RC where "all messages from the controllers will be displayed in text."It still works exactly the same displaying the controllers verbal communications as text---- EXCEPT NOW --- it leaves out the actual altitude your expected to clinb to.So for example: Instead of simply texting......Climb five thousand feet.It know text's......"Climb . . . . thousand feet". For the transponder codes it should display ....."Squawk 2345".But now just says ...."Squawk . . . ."Thus the actual values I am required to obtain and meet are missimg !!However, the verbal statements from the controller are spot on and do contain the required altitudes and Transponder codes !!
just for grins, go into \script\controllerscripts\ and open 5.txt with notepad.what is in the txt file?

In [controllerscripts} folder....There's no such beast.However In [pilotscripts] there's listed 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9....etc .txt files and 5.txt reads....."5"

In [controllerscripts} folder....There's no such beast.However In [pilotscripts] there's listed 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9....etc .txt files and 5.txt reads....."5"
how many files are in the controllerscripts? that is why nothing is displaying. the txt files seem to be missing.did you delete them, or do some housecleaning?

how many files are in the controllerscripts? that is why nothing is displaying. the txt files seem to be missing.did you delete them, or do some housecleaning?
Ok all fixed !I checked the controllerscripts and pilotscripts folders and confirmed there's missing files.All I can say is thank God (And programmers) for image software like Acronis. By mounting and comparing an image file which included rcv4. I was able to determina and obtain those missing files !!I then checked my anti-virus software and found a Tune up duplicate finder had executed on the same date as the folders had been modified, with the missing files. So I guess this was the smoking gun!! Pretty vicious attack if you ask me. So I have also gone through and checked other critical folders and all looks well.Thanks for staying with me on this and assisting. I Tested RC and all text appears correct. But this has also been a good push for me to turn off the text display and start flying like the big boys !!Would also highly recommend folks to research and look into using some kind of imaging software. If you have a good image of all your flying software, you can pretty much have those files re-installed at a press of a button. Or you can just do what I did, and fish out the files you need.Thanks again for a great product and hope you all have a great Christmas and holiday season.Best regards Splash1