Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

Computer help

I have a new computer and alienware 3.0ghz with 800fsb, 512mb pc2700 upgraded to 1 gb, Win XP, ati 9800, sound blaster audigy 2. It is a high end system but I have twice gotten an out of available memory and FS will shut down message. I never had this problem with a sony P4 1.3 ghz with 512mb, Win ME. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone shed a little light on this.Thanks in advanceAndrew

Hi.This may be best in the HW forum, but you can try:1-Set your FSB to 400 and try it/2-Try to remove 1 stick, if you have 2.It sounds like the RAM may be too slow for 800 FSB. Post info. on MB etc. if these tips do not help. TV

Guest FPSFREAK

Are you sure it's an 800Mhz FSB MB. I'm not flaming but for that system to run w an 800Mhz FSB you should be running DDR400 (PC3200) Not 2700. Something doesn't sound right. As far as the out of memory errors go, What do you have running in the background. Have you run a program such as adaware to seek out any spyware running without your knowledge?. You disable any anti-virus software while you flying rightWas this an older Alienware that you upgraded by installing the CPU?.These are just some of the issues that should be addressed. The first of which being is your MB/CPU really 800 Mhz FSB. Second, why the PC2700 (An effective FSB of 666Mhz...Scary huh :) ).If you could possibly get the motherboard make and model, age of the machine and what is in your startup folder/MSCONFIG folder we can help you.Bobby