Sign in to follow this  
DaveNC

FSMETEO - TX clear skies !

Hi,Seems something is going wrong with the downloaded data in FSMETEO. I have ver. 1.51 and applied the latest patch. Did a few flight around Texas last night (coastal areas) in order to get a look at 'Claudette' but all I got was clear skies and no wind gusts and no I wasn't flying in the eye of the hurricane :) Anybody else having the same problems lately with FSMETEO ?Cheers,Smalco

Guest PhilC

Actually smalco... if you flew around last night real-time, the skies were rather clear (the calm before the storm so to speak) although the winds were gusting to 20 or 25. Fly today and you should have wind and rain galore. Not much lightning but bands of severe weather coming in.I'm sitting out the real storm right now (I live across the bay from Galveston Island). South of Galveston is much worse I'm sure even though this is just a small storm.

John,Thx, the reboot did it. Everything is working fine again.Cheers,Smalco

I am having similar issues with Meteo. I have recently upgraded to XP and since then, FSMeteo takes forever to upload data, if not stalling out and not responding making me forcibly close it. I did the patch, but that didn't fix it.It has recently said it was missing the ICAO codes. So each time I have to go into the FS folder, copy the ICAO info from the weather folder and paste them in the meteo folder. After that it works ok. Again, if I switch to another folder, while it is downloaded data, it locks and has to be f4'd. Activesky doesn't do this, but I have the freeware version that has limited interaction. Is the an easy fix for this? I haven't tried reinstalling it because of the pain it was to get the key to work.Thanks.