Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

fs9.1 and w7 x64

im having trouble getting fs9.1 to work with my w7 x64. most of the problems so far deal with video issues.for example it wont allow me to change from 2d to 3d properly in window mode . It just plain does not run in window mode on any levelIn 2d pushing key s does not cycle views with out corruptionit looks good in full view 3d but thats about it.I was hoping for betterthoughts Peter

Right click on your FS9 shortcut or exe and select properties and then select the Compatibility tab. Make sure that "Disable Desktop Composition" is checked. This will turn off the Aero Desktop while Flight Simulator is running and doing that will stop the "S" key view cycle problems.Todd

Right click on your FS9 shortcut or exe and select properties and then select the Compatibility tab. Make sure that "Disable Desktop Composition" is checked. This will turn off the Aero Desktop while Flight Simulator is running and doing that will stop the "S" key view cycle problems.Todd
Excellent, thanks for the help. Works perfectly Pete

Guest Buckoni

i just installed FS 9.1 on Win 7 64 bit ultimate ( i have been away from flight sim for 2 yrs.) it runs great but, i installed FSUIPC and when i press alt to get to the menu the screen goes black for a sec then it is normal and works fine. When i open FSUIPC the screen goes black and stays black and i have to force FS closed with CTRL-ALT-DEL. Could this be a vid card driver issue or do i just have to live with it if i want to use Win 7?

i just installed FS 9.1 on Win 7 64 bit ultimate ( i have been away from flight sim for 2 yrs.) it runs great but, i installed FSUIPC and when i press alt to get to the menu the screen goes black for a sec then it is normal and works fine. When i open FSUIPC the screen goes black and stays black and i have to force FS closed with CTRL-ALT-DEL. Could this be a vid card driver issue or do i just have to live with it if i want to use Win 7?
Why don't you start a new topic with your question? You'll have better luck getting an answer instead of posting your question buried in this almost two month old thread.I do not have the problem that you mentioned so it isn't a Windows 7 issue.Todd

Just so you know since I posted that original questions. I have been able t fix all of my w7 x64 issues by updating drivers, bios etc.No problems now , all runs wellpeter