Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Carenado Cessne C210

Guest Terblanche

Just bought the new Carenado Cessna C210 and it is an absolute MUST HAVE ...... make no mistake - Dreamfleet's C177 is nice, very nice, excellent to say the least BUT (and this is a very BIG but) Carenado is fantastic! I've always liked their models and every single aircraft from their hanger is a masterpiece in looks, performance, panel and model and they did it again.No wapper dapper - no hick-ma-roll to get the thing installed - no drama to get it on a second PC without Internet access - no drama with e-mail to support to figure out why gauges do not appear because of some piracy neuroses ...... you pay, you download, you install, you enjoy!Simple as that and boy-oh-boy what a wonderful aircraft to fly and seeing that I have many many hours in a real C210, it is a pleasure to fly in at home.Go check them out at http://66.33.47.235/ecommerce/index.php3And see just one of the many screenshots.Enjoy!Thttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23723.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23724.jpg

Thank you Terblenche! Much appreciate the feedback.GlennPS "hick-ma-roll"???? :-)

I would have loved them doing a P210 as well--hope they consider it. Hate using those O'2 masks on long hauls...It's a pity they don't redo the V35 in FSDS 2. As it stands, their older FSDS stuff won't work in FS2004...-John

>I would have loved them doing a P210 as well--hope they>consider it. Hate using those O'2 masks on long hauls...>>It's a pity they don't redo the V35 in FSDS 2. As it stands,>their older FSDS stuff won't work in FS2004...>>-JohnHmmm, are you sure John??? I though the FS series was "backwards cpompatible" with most aircraft? Or am I wrong in this assumption??Thanks for the info Terblanche! I was just at thier site last night and I was wondering when it was coming out :)Guess I have my answer now! :-lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

FS2004 is backwards compatible with FSDS 2 and GMAX aircraft. None of the FSDS 1.x aircraft I loaded supported animations... I was most sorry to see this with Yannick's Robin....-John

>FS2004 is backwards compatible with FSDS 2 and GMAX aircraft.> None of the FSDS 1.x aircraft I loaded supported>animations... I was most sorry to see this with Yannick's>Robin....>>-JohnOUCH!!Oh well, I guess we have to sacrifice something to upgrade to a newer sim. :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I agree this plane is very sweet, nicely done and a must have.And for all you privacy freaks, as pointed out the purchase and instillation is painless and very simple.Pay up, get your d/l link then unzip the package and install. No codes, keys or emails to exchange, just install and fly!

Guest product

How's the VC? I agree it all looks fantastic in screenshots but so did their Bonanza. But when I loaded it up the VCs were really low resolution and "home made" looking- not at all up to the standards of Dreamfleet. Many others on the forum seemed to agree.Is the interior view improved since their past offerings? I agree that nobody beats these guys in terms of eye candy from the outside, but I do most of my flying in the VC.Best,Joel

Guest Moghdad

The VC is pretty good. Definitely a step up from their previous efforts. The flight model looks to be good. Like the Dakota, it feels smooth, stable and believeable. It is a shame that Carenado's flight models have been so over-rated. The Dakota is actually among the best GA model available, and I buy them all.Has anyone figured out how to activate COM 2?

Guest aeroworx

Joel,The VC on the 210 is great. You will not be disappointed. Their Piper Dakota also has a really nice VC. Seems like they have improved a great deal in this area since the Bonanza's.I agree with Moghdad on the flight models of both the Dakota and the 210.CheersHenning

>I agree with Moghdad on the flight models of both the Dakota>and the 210.>Moghdad say's they're "over rated". Is that supposed to be "under rated" or are they not that good?L.Adamson

Guest aeroworx

Sorry about that one, Larry. It's getting late here:)I think he meant under rated. In his post he mentions that the flight model is smooth, stable and believable. I agree with that completely. Ground behaviour is very realistic. Short field operation is also well simulated.The rest of the performance specs are very close to that of the real 210M. I will be flying this one for a while.CheersHenning

Good! I'm having trouble with my Internet Explorer accessing the download link.................. otherwise I'd have it myself. My Explorer seems to get "picky" sometimes, or the web page is down???L.Adamson

Guest aeroworx

Larry,I downloaded it earlier today at a rather blistering pace from the link on their site directly after purchase.Just checked my link again and all seems fine. This time I initialized the download by clicking on the link in the e-mail they sent me.I am sure that if this is a website related problem on their side, it will be sorted out. I have bought a number of their planes and have never had any hassles with downloading etc.I hope you get it downloaded and flying soon.Henning