Sign in to follow this  
dornier

FSX Windows 7 64bit multiplayer.dll error

Help,Since I've been running Windows 7 64bit, FSX has been running great until the other day. Everytime I try to run FSX I get an error message that Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. No solution found, but when I access the Windows 7 error logs, it states that there's an issue with multiplayer.dll. I uninstalled FSX, Level D 767, and PMDG 747-400. I reinstalled FSX without any addons and still have the same problem. I also tried windows compatibility mode with no luck. I have all of the latest updates and nvidia drivers and I'm at a loss.Any ideas?Thanks, GPHere's the actual error log:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: multiplayer.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180cException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x00047eb8Faulting process id: 0xa84Faulting application start time: 0x01ca838ded45b296Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\multiplayer.dllReport Id: 38f84f66-ef81-11de-ac37-406186072375

Guest firehawk44
Help,Since I've been running Windows 7 64bit, FSX has been running great until the other day. Everytime I try to run FSX I get an error message that Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. No solution found, but when I access the Windows 7 error logs, it states that there's an issue with multiplayer.dll. I uninstalled FSX, Level D 767, and PMDG 747-400. I reinstalled FSX without any addons and still have the same problem. I also tried windows compatibility mode with no luck. I have all of the latest updates and nvidia drivers and I'm at a loss.Any ideas?Thanks, GPHere's the actual error log:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: multiplayer.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180cException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x00047eb8Faulting process id: 0xa84Faulting application start time: 0x01ca838ded45b296Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\multiplayer.dllReport Id: 38f84f66-ef81-11de-ac37-406186072375
The Exception Code: 0xc0000409 is the clue to possibly solving your problem. I did a Google search for "0xc0000409" and came up with many hits but none for Windows 7. I would also suggest Googling multiplayer.dll as that brought up several hits from not only the forums here at AVSIM but other flightsim forums. I could find no definitive solution to your problem but you might review some of the solutions and see something that is also familiar with your particular system. I do not think it is FSX related but an issue with your system. For instance, you may not have the latest version of dotnet installed (very common for causing several FSX errors) or a Microsoft update did not install corrected, etc. If you do find a solution, please post it here as it could help others in the future. Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim

The Exception Code: 0xc0000409 is the clue to possibly solving your problem. I did a Google search for "0xc0000409" and came up with many hits but none for Windows 7. I would also suggest Googling multiplayer.dll as that brought up several hits from not only the forums here at AVSIM but other flightsim forums. I could find no definitive solution to your problem but you might review some of the solutions and see something that is also familiar with your particular system. I do not think it is FSX related but an issue with your system. For instance, you may not have the latest version of dotnet installed (very common for causing several FSX errors) or a Microsoft update did not install corrected, etc. If you do find a solution, please post it here as it could help others in the future. Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim
Thanks for the tips, but so far I'm batting zero. I would hate to reinstall windows 7, but it appears that I will have to do that. GP

I uninstalled FSX
That was the very last thing you should have tried...Most often the error has occurred because of one of the following:fsx.cfg (rename the file and allow FSX to build a fresh copy)logbook.bin (rename the file and allow FSX to build a fresh copy, or try using the freeware repair utility program)default.pln (delete the default.pln file and try starting FSX)There are other possibilities as well, but these are the most common three reasons...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That was the very last thing you should have tried...Most often the error has occurred because of one of the following:fsx.cfg (rename the file and allow FSX to build a fresh copy)logbook.bin (rename the file and allow FSX to build a fresh copy, or try using the freeware repair utility program)default.pln (delete the default.pln file and try starting FSX)There are other possibilities as well, but these are the most common three reasons...
Where is fsx.cfg and default.pln located in windows 7? I've looked in the FSX folder, but they are not there. I also looked under my documents and the FSX folders that are created and nothing is in there. By the way, since I reinstalled FSX, everytime I try to run it, it goes through the creating/generating scenery, but always fails in the end.Thanks,GP

Guest firehawk44
Where is fsx.cfg and default.pln located in windows 7? I've looked in the FSX folder, but they are not there. I also looked under my documents and the FSX folders that are created and nothing is in there. By the way, since I reinstalled FSX, everytime I try to run it, it goes through the creating/generating scenery, but always fails in the end.Thanks,GP
The FSX.cfg is located in your User folder which is hidden until you goto folder options (goto Control Panel>click on Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options>then click on the View Tab) and tell it to show hidden files, folders. Then your User Account will appear in the directory listings. FSX.cfg will then be located in Your User Name (usually your first name)>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX>fsx.cfg. Default.pln should be located in your My Documents folder if you set up a default as well as the logbook.bin. As Bill suggested, I would rename the fsx.cfg to fsx.orig and restart FSX and let FSX rebuild the config.Best regards,Jim

After all of the research and tips, the only thing that fixed it was a reinstall of Windows 7 64-bit. This time I was smart and created a system image via the Windows 7 backup tools. I backed my system up just before windows update was going to update C++ and some other items. Just want to make sure I have an easy restore path in the event that one of the windows update was the culprit.Thanks for all of the help everyone!GP