Sign in to follow this  
Gpruitt54

FSX crashes after selecting 747-400X planes from aircraft menu

Recently, I purchased two copies of PMDG 747-400X. I installed one copy on my PC and my buddy installed the other on his PC. My install went easily. However, my buddy says that his install also seemed to go smoothly. However, he tells me that when he selects the PMDG 747-400 from the aircraft menu and after clicking OK, Flight SIM X crashes back to the initial load screen.I have not seen this first hand, so I am writing this based on his accounts and my questing him on what he is seeing.We are both running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 4 gig of ram, Q9550 Core 2 Quad processor, Nvidia 9800GTX video card with 512 of ram. Other add on air craft are installed on our machines and running with no issues.Any idea as to what this appears to be?

Hi ??Forum rules require you to supply full name, otherwise you risk your post being locked out..Suggest you send off a support request to PMDG with your order No etc. Make sure you get an automated reply, if not, they did not receive your email. Sometimes it is easier to open a free email account with someone like Gmail, which seems to work ok.Regards

Geoff Bryce

Guest bigcityal
Recently, I purchased two copies of PMDG 747-400X. I installed one copy on my PC and my buddy installed the other on his PC. My install went easily. However, my buddy says that his install also seemed to go smoothly. However, he tells me that when he selects the PMDG 747-400 from the aircraft menu and after clicking OK, Flight SIM X crashes back to the initial load screen.I have not seen this first hand, so I am writing this based on his accounts and my questing him on what he is seeing.We are both running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 4 gig of ram, Q9550 Core 2 Quad processor, Nvidia 9800GTX video card with 512 of ram. Other add on air craft are installed on our machines and running with no issues.Any idea as to what this appears to be?
Having the same problem?

Hi ??Forum rules require you to supply full name, otherwise you risk your post being locked out..Suggest you send off a support request to PMDG with your order No etc. Make sure you get an automated reply, if not, they did not receive your email. Sometimes it is easier to open a free email account with someone like Gmail, which seems to work ok.Regards
OK, to confirm to the rules, my name is Greg. This information should be available in my profile. There is no order number. This was a retail CD purchase from a retail outlet (Bestbuy). This was NOT a product download. I guess I am a little confused. The path to this forum is from the AVSIM PMDG support section. This seems reasonable to post this type of question on this part of the forum. Is that correct, or no?Greg

Greg, the forum is mostly hobbists just like you and a few pmdg moderators check in occasionally. They want full names, not that most of us care one way or the other. Direct support from pmdg is only available via email. If you email them, make sure you get an automated response to ensure they got your inquiry. It's kinda fishy your buddy isn't asking the question himself, that's probably the reason for the hesitance in helping you. Try the email route.

Dan Downs KCRP

Greg, the forum is mostly hobbists just like you and a few pmdg moderators check in occasionally. They want full names, not that most of us care one way or the other. Direct support from pmdg is only available via email. If you email them, make sure you get an automated response to ensure they got your inquiry. It's kinda fishy your buddy isn't asking the question himself, that's probably the reason for the hesitance in helping you. Try the email route.
OK, I understand that this is a form for those who love this hobby. I simply figured that some of you guys have have already seen an issue like this one.I purchased the product CDs from Best Buy. My install worked, and his did not. Kind of feel some obligation to help with a solution to his problem. Nothing fishy at all about helping ones friends out of a jam. But, that's just me!Thanks Greg

Hey Greg i have the same problem, i bought it from best buy and now it is not working when i select the aircraft, FSX crashes i hope someone could hep us out!!

The inability or unwillingness to follow written instruction as basic as type your full name on your posts is not encouraging to those that otherwise may be in position to afford assistance.I suggest rectifying that situation first then take it from there.Alternatively as Geoff and Dan already stated, (see the trend?) send an email to pmdg support.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

The inability or unwillingness to follow written instruction as basic as type your full name on your posts is not encouraging to those that otherwise may be in position to afford assistance.I suggest rectifying that situation first then take it from there.Alternatively as Geoff and Dan already stated, (see the trend?) send an email to pmdg support.
Aside from the information I included in my profile, I am a scratching my head at the demand to include additional information along with my posts. This is the first of the many forums I am registered with that has such a demand. My first name is not enough? May I ask why? I value this forum as it is focused on a hobby I enjoy. However, I have a basic since of privacy that I would like to maintain to some small degree. I am not trying to be insulting, I just curious about this specific demand. If I may ask.Greg P.

Aside from the information I included in my profile, I am a scratching my head at the demand to include additional information along with my posts. This is the first of the many forums I am registered with that has such a demand. My first name is not enough? May I ask why? I value this forum as it is focused on a hobby I enjoy. However, I have a basic since of privacy that I would like to maintain to some small degree. I am not trying to be insulting, I just curious about this specific demand. If I may ask.Greg P.
Greg, your question better addressed to the forum moderators. See: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=245586Although this topic was debated to death to the point where the Moderator states any posts arguing this requirement will be terminated. I recommend caution in your questing of them should you choose to do so.My personal position is that it is PMDG

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Greg, your question better addressed to the forum moderators. See: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=245586Although this topic was debated to death to the point where the Moderator states any posts arguing this requirement will be terminated. I recommend caution in your questing of them should you choose to do so.My personal position is that it is PMDG's prerogative to operate their forum in any manner they see fit. Ours is to comply or choose not to participate, free choice. Also I have made some pretty in-depth responses in posts where the initiator failed to sign his post. Those posts were deleted and all my hard work with it. I personally vowed not to offer assistance to those that did not comply with forum rules going forward.PMDG obviously want to attempt to afford themselves some form of protection against providing support to pirates. They will check forum names provided in the forum against names of those that have made purchase.I personally as a mature individual prefer to address those on forums in a mature manner by proper name. Quite frankly I am far more comfortable in the PMDG forum in that respect than any other forum in which I participate. It always seemed strange to me addressing Obi-Wan Kenobi on an i7 clocking issue. As far as your right to privacy, you have the option to choose not to participate and protect yourself against any perceived infringement upon that right. Participating in this forum is not a requirement of receiving support. Additionally all but making comment in this forum does not require any identification. In other words free to read you simply cannot write if you choose not to identify yourself.The forum is provided as a place for PMDG supporters to receive and offer support. Not debate freedom of information or privacy issues. Those wishing to dispute those issues and not abide by the forum rules here should consider starting their own forum on such matters.I mean it really isn't that big of a deal except to those that choose to make it one. My comment not directed at you personally.
OK, so this is mostly about piracy. Humm! I made my purchases of PMDG products in retail outlets. So my name will not and cannot be found in any lists of customers. There would be no download record if my purchase. But, I am a legitimate owner of PMGD products. I hope this lack of a download record will not make me a presumed software thief.BTW, I edited my profile to include my signature, so my full name should show up at the end of this post. The signature is automatically inserted, right? It is not displaying when I preview this post.

hey greg this will solve your problem, it solved mine and i bought mine from best buy aswelljust follow these links and look over the part where it tells you to change the "regedit" hope that helpshttp://forum.qwsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=646http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_Trust_DLL_Policy
Thank you for addressing this issue. I am trying to help my friend who is having issues getting the software to work on his machine. We both bought this product (PMDG 747-400X) from Best Buy. I will look at the links you provided.Thanks again. BTW, you better remember to include your full name in your post, or like me, you'll get jumped on here on this forum. FYI

Would this guy also need to sign his full name?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Oatway(sorry, I just couldn't help it :( )
Especially him! Gees talk about indecisive parents. :(

Regards,
Gary Andersen