Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrbrd

BSOD on loading

Guest wrbrd

Happy New Year!I went back to XP 64 and tried to load the JS41 but all I get is the BSOD. A few times I could get to the Activation Key window only to get the BSOD when selecting activate. I've tried so many different ways including loading the default flight first to deleting the CFG file. I've selected setup and repaired the software I don't know how many times.In the event viewer I'm getting faulting module pmdg_bae_js4100_2dll. I've downloaded from a CD and the PMDG site so it can't be a bad file.Any ideas,Bernie Graetsch

Bernie, you might have to go direct to support on this one. Send them an email and be sure you get an automated response, no response means your message was blocked by their spam filter and it does that a lot. Maybe changing the OS tripped the authenication system, I don't know but they will be able to help you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Bernie, if you have named issue correctly, so it is BSOD (Windows Blue Screen Of Death), and not CTD (FSX Crash To Deskop), that most likely this haven't been caused by JS41 nor FSX, because BSOD is always driver (in most cases), hardware (rarely), or kernel (extremely rarely) issue.If I were you I would check video and joystic drivers at first and see if those are latest.

Guest wrbrd
Bernie, if you have named issue correctly, so it is BSOD (Windows Blue Screen Of Death), and not CTD (FSX Crash To Deskop), that most likely this haven't been caused by JS41 nor FSX, because BSOD is always driver (in most cases), hardware (rarely), or kernel (extremely rarely) issue.If I were you I would check video and joystic drivers at first and see if those are latest.
Boy that was a real head scratcher, but I managed to get her fixed and with Jim Hodkinson's custom repaints I'm back to lovin this airplane. It was not a problem with either PMDG or FSX.It definitely runs better on XP 64. Zero graphic problems.Thanx,Bernie Graetsch :(

Glad to know that issue is fixed. Actually this might be explained: BSOD usually doesn't happen by itself, some application need to make function call that ends somewhere in video driver or GPU, where might be bug. So, changing repaint probably avoids some of conditions in which bugs appears or combines it with other trigger (like calling same functions in different order) which doesn't end in a buggy code.

Guest wrbrd

Hi again,Sorry I never did mention the fix. After countless atempts at recifying this problem I came across a little tid bit of information, and that was to swap SATA cables since I have 3 Hard Drives. Sometimes the Motherboard is finicky about the order. You think it could tell you if it doesn't like a certain setup but alas nope. I had this problem back with Windows 98 and thought for sure that by now the newer systems could diagnose themselves. I guess I was wrong.Sometimes it's the simplest things.Take care,Bernie Graetsch :(