Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

FS2002 sound issue

Hi all, I have recently upgraded my computer to Win XP Pro using a full format & install. I have a annoying ticking I hear in the background. It is very faint but it will get louder as I turn up the volume. I is also in all planes. I have all the latest Win XP drivers. I have a Sound Blaster Live sound card. Any ideas? Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had a similar problem with my SB Audigy and came across this tip while browsing somewhere which solved my problem.In the FS2002.CFG file find the [sOUND] section and make the following changes:SOUND_QUALITY=2 <--- after a fresh install on my system this is the last line in the [sOUND] section but with a value of 0. Change it to 2. I think this is also set by the in-game sound configuration options.Add the following lines after the SOUND_QUALITY line:Channels=2SamplesPerSec=44100BitsPerSample=16It worked for me, no more pops, ticks or crackles.RegardsAdrian

Howdy,Errrrrrrrrrrrr ... but ain't the above a CFS2 tweak? So it works in FS2K2? Hmmmmm! Okay. Thanks.

It's the SB Live! drivers for XP, and Creative won't fix it. The only way to get rid of it is to turn off hardware acceleration.Go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties. On the Volume tab, click the Advanced button at the bottom. Click the Performance tab, and set the Hardware Acceleration slider to "Basic."

>Howdy,>>Errrrrrrrrrrrr ... but ain't the above a CFS2 tweak? So it>works in FS2K2? Hmmmmm! Okay. Thanks.Dunno, I've never had anything to do with CFS and never been to a CFS forum.Adrian

I recently upgraded to XP Pro but rather than install any additional drivers I am still using those installed by XP itself as it was kind enough to detect my card as SB Live and install necessary drivers. Sound is smooth as a "baby's XXX". Running on hardware acceleration too! Did you install drivers from Creative CD or are you using the MS/XP drivers?I keep telling myself it cannot be true but the sound seems to sound better than Win98 with Creative drivers.BTW I am slightly deaf and I tend to turn the volume up quite a lot.

I am using the latest drivers from Creative. Maybe I will try the orginal XP drivers. I did not have them on long enough to know. Thanks.Pat