Sign in to follow this  
markturner

How to calibrate throttle using FSUIPC

You dont have to disable the controller. Just select your controler, goto key commands , and disable the yoke, rudder , throtle and aerolon and elevator asingments then you will still keep the other button assignments. Didnt know you could do that , but that worked, And simsamuris, is wriiten for both fs9 and fsx, I beleiev they are very similar the setup.

Wooooaaaahh!!I just figured out how to do it ( I have to say, that the web guides linked to caused me more confusion than help as they were not cougar specific and refered to different versions of FSUIPC, but nevermind, thanks for the pointer) by playing with GUI and experimenting. I think I am only scratching the surface of how to use it, but have managed to calibrate my hotas and assign buttons.The difference is really incredible, it's like having a different joystick. The range and smoothness of input is amazing and controlling the plane is just a dream!! I cant believe how much better it makes the joystick work. ( and how crap the FSX sytem of controls is by comparison!!) Thanks so much to Mr Dowson and all you guys for your help and advice. gonna go and grease a few carrier landings........ :( Cheers, Mark

Mark,Glad to hear you've got it working and started to ponder the possibilities of what FSUIPC can be utilized for.Regards,Bob