Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirbusBuff

SSW A-310-300 Alternate Forum

Guest AirbusBuff

I agree with you that the flight model is not 100% Airbus. I have yet to see the 310 go alpha max protected in a climb but rather stall and fall although there is much promise in what SSW can do with this bird.Profile mode is used for allowing FMS vertical guidance in flight.Level change is used to activate preset speed in FCU and typically A/thr is set to V2 and preset to acceleration speed. Once airborne with wheels up, hit level change to activate preset speed for acceleration.It is best to use CWS for takeoff with Profile mode for vertical guidance only. At acceleration speed, go CMD and allow the bird to do what is necessary.The normal procedures state LVL Change then profile prior to departure. Profile mode is used last in the air after level change. LVL CHG is activated in the air for acceleration then profile. NAV is armed on the gnd.There is no go-throttle implementation so spool up to 40%, stabilize, and then engage A/THR. Wheels up/flaps up and monitor. Using LVL/CHG is dangerous with the present implementation because if you do not pay strict attention the bus will decelerate at wheels up to the initial speed set of V2 and with the AP in CMD the FD commands a pitch up near 18 degrees and ... STALL ... PULLLL UPPP ... PULLL UPPPon the GPWS and yer dead.This is a realistic approachg I suppose to the manuals and SSw did a good job here. I have also experienced this problem in the A-320 which is suposed to hit alpha max but at times does not and stalls.Airbus is Airbus and ya gotta love it. Boeing implementation is too easy to work and ya never have a problem.

Guest AirbusBuff

There is a problem with aircraft pitch instability. It appears the weight is shifted toward the tail making the bus less pitch stable. Add in a bit of pitch trim exacerbates the problem and I find when applying pitch up there is a hesitation and then an immediate respons between 5-10 degrees more than desired.I have read of and experienced tail strikes with pitch trim rolled in.I do not want to use any pitch trim but the config FCC keeps yelling at me to trim which results in premature rotation and the need to always keep yoke pressure forward.