Sign in to follow this  
Guest dque

Saitek website Driver or the boxed one

Guest dque

Hello Im using Widows 7 64 bitI am going to be receiving my Pro flight yoke and Throttle quadrent this week.Do I install the drivers it comes with in the box or the ones from the Saitek website?Im sure the yoke has been sitting in the warehouse before windows 7 came out?Would I just select windows 86 bit driver from Saitek downloads?ThanksDidier

Guest dque
Hello Im using Widows 7 64 bitI am going to be receiving my Pro flight yoke and Throttle quadrent this week.Do I install the drivers it comes with in the box or the ones from the Saitek website?Im sure the yoke has been sitting in the warehouse before windows 7 came out?Would I just select windows 86 bit driver from Saitek downloads?ThanksDidier
Also is there a need to download the software to?thanks

Although I'm still with XP, it is not necessary to use Saitek drivers. The OS will recognize your hardware. For myself, FSUIPC is the only way to go for assigning functions for my hardware, be it Saitek, CH or any other brand supported by FSUIPC.Jim D.

HelloFsuipc is a much better way to set up these units than the Saitek softwareYou wont need drivers in XP as the units are recognised and windows update has drivers for them.The saitek profiling software is rubbish, just use a registered Fsuipc for best results.

Guest dque
HelloFsuipc is a much better way to set up these units than the Saitek softwareYou wont need drivers in XP as the units are recognised and windows update has drivers for them.The saitek profiling software is rubbish, just use a registered Fsuipc for best results.
What if I use an unregisterd version of FSUIPC?

What if I use an unregisterd version of FSUIPC?
You're limited as to the functionality of FSUIPC. As to the price of FSUIPC, it's a bargin. Compared to what you spent on hardware, silly not to have the registered version.Jim D.

Kind of late to the thread, but esp. in 64bit OS I recommend not using the Saitek drivers at all and just use the default MS ones. The only rough spot is that in the game controllers applet for the calibration, on the TQ it assumes the first two levers (x-y) are a joystick, and it asks you to "center" the stick, which takes some trial and error with the levers, but other than that I think it works better than Saitek drivers. If you want to use the Saitek profiler software then you need those drivers, but you can do the same and more with registered fsuipc so why bother.scott s..