Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just purchased and set up REX v2

As a result of flying with the use of REX2004, and how much that changed the look and pleasure-of-use of FS9(x)...I decided today to purchase REX v2.0 for FSX.I'm right now flying about 10 miles off the coast of the Dominican Republic near Romana, and have to say that like REX2004's transformation for FS9(x)...FSX is stunning, by having added REX v2.0. I know that I am a very late adopter to REX for FSX, but if anybody like myself was holding off, or merely sitting on the fence....jump off quickly and purchase. You simply will NOT REGRET IT!WOW....Typed by a very happy FSX.75 and FS9.75 camper!REX(x) is one heck of a program for BOTH platforms!Cheers,Mitch

As a result of flying with the use of REX2004, and how much that changed the look and pleasure-of-use of FS9(x)...I decided today to purchase REX v2.0 for FSX.I'm right now flying about 10 miles off the coast of the Dominican Republic near Romana, and have to say that like REX2004's transformation for FS9(x)...FSX is stunning, by having added REX v2.0. I know that I am a very late adopter to REX for FSX, but if anybody like myself was holding off, or merely sitting on the fence....jump off quickly and purchase. You simply will NOT REGRET IT!WOW....Typed by a very happy FSX.75 and FS9.75 camper!REX(x) is one heck of a program for BOTH platforms!Cheers,Mitch
Mitch, if I had to drop all my pay ware addons and I could only keep one after market addon for FSX, it would be REX. The guys over there did an incredible job and the thing I really appreciate is the support that you get on the forums. Fantastic product and great support. No matter where you fly in the FSX world, you will be constantly impressed by REX.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I agree. If I ever reinstalled FS9 I would definitely buy it for that platform as well.I use ASA for weather generation and REX2 for textures. If I recall, you have a decent system. Try this tweak in your FSX.cfg to increase overcast cloud coverage to a more realistic levelCLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12Just like texture_max_load, you will have to reset this if you make display changes in game.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Ah...crap...just when I thought that I could get my butt out of the Den and do something else other than flying the heck out of FS9.75 and REX2004;...well...HERE WE GO AGAIN....but with REX v2.0 for FSX......I'll just have to tell my wife to slide my food under the door...'cause I'll be in the South Pacific flying low and slow over the FANTASTIC reefs and coral formations that REX 2.0 just plopped into my FSX world. Darn...and I just thought that I could go and change the oil on the snow thrower....sheesh..."Yes Honey, please leave the tray of food and the jug of coffee at the door. I'm just landing offshore from Fiji.....to come and retrieve it":) and a wink!Mitch

I have just come back from test flights in my setting up each parameter of REX v2.0, and I have to say that so far, there has been absolutely NO IMPACT on FPS, whether on the ground, flying under, or through the clouds. Those clouds are very highly detailed and are most beautiful to behold. Again, no impact on FPS. I still am buzzing around at 30 FPS using unlimited in the sim, and the FPS lock program set to 30 FPS. I just need to go through a few more runway textures, and then I'll have it just the way I want it to be. To those that do not have either REX v2.0 or REX2004, the G.U.I. is a tweaker's heaven-sent. You can get both FS9.x and FSX.x looking EXACTLY as you want it on airport visuals as well as atmospherics.To the developers...my compliments!Mitch

I agree. If I ever reinstalled FS9 I would definitely buy it for that platform as well.I use ASA for weather generation and REX2 for textures. If I recall, you have a decent system. Try this tweak in your FSX.cfg to increase overcast cloud coverage to a more realistic levelCLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12Just like texture_max_load, you will have to reset this if you make display changes in game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------Duckbilled, I HIGHLY recommend FS9.75 with REX2004 installed. That with G.E. Pro II and you have a power-packed FPS performer. I run the sim full out, at a locked 60 FPS and approaches and landings are beautiful to enact with 60 FPS as your tail wind..... :))) Both FSX and FS9 with REX(X) are total winners.

Done! My last test flight out of KMYR (Myrtle Beach)I go there quite frequently, and I could NEVER get the ocean to have the right color, no matter what I did, pre REX. With REX v2.0....that's all behind me. :)With about three hours of flying, quiting, running up REX v2.0 making adjustments to the ocean textures, color, saturation, contrast, etc...I have Myrtle Beach DEAD ON! :) With KMYR dead on, so is the Dominican Republic, and with inland water textures and colors also fly/tweaked/fly/tweaked, inland lakes and rivers FINALLY look like the real deal. REX gives you so much control, that you feel like you are a painter, let alone tweaking the thing....One great program!OK, enthusiasm will now be subdued....Myrtle Beach, S.C. ....dead on....yeah..........oh yeah............................................................................Post Edit: Just started a flight from Nassau, Grand Bahamas, to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic live time in flight 2:49 min with an amphibian Grand Caravan converted from FS9. Final comment. The FSX oceans, whether tropical, the Pacific, or the Atlantic...are for all intents and purposes (my opinion), photo-real. Just amazing. Now ready to settle in with a coffee and enjoy the flight in real time at 10,500 ft ASL. Happy landings, all!.......!Mitch :)