Sign in to follow this  
Rush1169

CTD Loading Missions

I have a new computer with fresh Windows 7. Fresh install of FSX w/SP2 and all Windows updates and latest drivers. I installed J41 and now when I start a mission FSX crashes to the desktop. Any ideas?Thank you,Dan Allen

Do you mean you have JS41 missions or saved flights?Does the JS41 load okay when using the default create a flight?Also, since all the flightplans are scanned by the FMS on loading, if there is a bad one of these the whole show comes to a stop.

Dan Downs KCRP

Do you mean you have JS41 missions or saved flights?Does the JS41 load okay when using the default create a flight?
I'm talking about the regular default missions that come with FSX. JS41 seems fine, just that the missions don't work after installing JS41.

I've never played with the missions, had to give it a try. No problem loading one and starting it. I ran it for a couple of minutes just to be sure. This complaint has never come up before and I can't think of anything related between the JS41 and missions. It's a far throw but try uninstalling SP2 and installing it again after a fresh reboot.

Dan Downs KCRP

No problem loading one and starting it. . . . This complaint has never come up before and I can't think of anything related between the JS41 and missions.
Thank you for your help - I've tried un/re install SP2 - no avail. Another thing I've notcied is that I cannot change my resolution. . .deleted FSX.CFG and the resolution problem went away. . .since this appears to be a unique problem, I'm going to remove and reinstall the whole shebang and see what happens.Dan Allen