Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

Addon Scenery Problems at EGBB and EGJJ

Hi,Just installed EGBB and EGJJ scenery addons on FSX. Both of these are freeware and downloadable from here and i think flightsim.comAnyway i have installed both as instructed and they appear to load into FSX ok. However i am having some issues.Firstly EGJJ (Jersey) Trees located around the airport have a black backgroun to them. And i dont know how to resolve this. I tried deleting the bmp file thinking FSX wouldnt load them, however i then get just completely black boxes.Secondly EGBB (Birmingham)The scenery is fine except, due to the layout changes from FSX to real life, AI planes dont use the new layout they simply taxi all over the place. I also have ketways randomly located around the apron, presumably located where the default FSX scenery once was.Any ideas??ThanksTom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Firstly EGJJ (Jersey) Trees located around the airport have a black backgroun to them. And i dont know how to resolve this. I tried deleting the bmp file thinking FSX wouldnt load them, however i then get just completely black boxes.
My experience also. I wondered if was ported from FS2004. I de-installed it.

Petraeus

My experience also. I wondered if was ported from FS2004. I de-installed it.
The frustrating thing is i know this works as i have had it working ok on FSX before. But that was on my Vista system. However i uninstalled it as i got a performance hit. But now that i have overclocked my machine i can now handle it. But obviously this problem has occurred, i wouldnt have thought it was to do with win 7.............

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

It's common to have problems with transparency not working right with older scenery and FSX sp2. Seen most often with trees.scott s..