Sign in to follow this  
Guest Panman

THE ULTIMATE FLIGHT SIM!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Hi everyone. I just got X-Plane 7.0 beta. I have Fs2002, Fly2k. You name it I had it or have it. Here is What I think of each sim.FS2002: Exreme awsome graphics in some cases photo real!!! Flight model lacks just a little. For EXP. The cessna 182 is tends to dive straight down when the stall horn goes off!!. Me being a pilot(with a solo sign off) Knows airplanes (small Fixed Wing) tend to hold quite a bit before the nose drops. Microsoft has a bit unrealistic power settings. In real flying on the base to final I run about 15RPMS and 70Knots in flight sim 2002 the plane wants to drop out of the Sky!! Immpossible I treid many times trying to do it the way I fly my real Cessna. Next their panels are pretty good and almost everything is functional. Their are 3rd party Panels that you pay for are 100% realistic but we all know that. I really like their virtual cockpits. Fs2002 has done a pretty good Job!!! I hope century of flight will be the Ultimate!!X-Plane: The graphics are okay but when aiplane model and tecxture they beat FS2002 by a long shot. Flight model is completely realistics besides their choppers. Their panels to me are kind of kiddish like the sim Unlimited FlightIII. Overall the sim is only good for the flight and it is extremly hard to get around in the program if you don't know what you are doing. Fly2k: Okay graphics some really good downloads of Satellite scenery. Flight model. Well it's alright but their chopper is awsome. The best thing about fly is their panels. Fully functional nothing left untouched!!THE ULTIMATE SIM: Here is what I would like to see some day in the sim avation world!! I would like Microsoft program because it's easy to move around and the right mouse clicking makes it easy for the user to switch views quick without a joystick. I would like the sim to Microsoft Flight Sim graphics with X-plane's Flight model with Fly2K Panels!!! Then That would be the ultimate sim. Thats for me of course. Anyone know of any other sims out there that may be like this?? Please tell me. Also let me know what opions do you have about fs2002,fly2k, x-plane etc.... What would be your ultimate PC desktop sim? What would you like to see in a Sim?? All postive feedbacks welcome!!!! JOE

you should go read the articale over on flightsim.com about flight models it really does put a another perspective on things. Anyways the ultimate sim you described would be one great sim :) I just don't know if flight modeling will ever get there. Right now though fs2k2 is a great procedure sim to practice instrutment flying and learn checklist, when I was at flight safety academy they had fs2000 on about 20 computers and that was the first thing you flew in ifr on just to help you get use to the flow of things. I would one day like a sim that you described to become realllity :)

The one last thing I forgot to mention. X Plane has this awsome scenario where you can take the shuttle in orbit and fly through space and practice re-entry and shuttle landings. Now lets see a sim where you take off from a launch pad in Cali or FL. Or how about flying through space doging meteors and flying to other planets. How cool would a sim then??? Joe

Try the RealAir SF260 Marchetti.. it has panels similar to Fly, a flight model by Rob Young, and you get to fly in FS2002/4 scenery.. the best of all worlds! http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.htmlBTW.. under "free downloads" they also offer an updated flight model for the default C182..

Bert

>Now lets see a sim where you take off from a launch pad in Cali or >FL.It was done before, years ago, Virgin Games Shuttle program in the 90's did just that.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I wish instead of MS putting their efforts into clickable VC's, they would have implemented Fly! style panels. I can still remember the first time I powered up the Fly! bizjet. Wow! It really immersed me into the sim -- it felt like I was waking up something terribly powerful. None of the MSFS panels has ever given me that kind of thrill.But the new dynamic weather in FS9 is the most important. For me, it will make this sim very, very close to an Ultimate Flight Sim.- Kenny B

Hey everyone. Thanks for the info Ernie. And to all who replied. It is really interesting to hear what people have to say about these sims!.I belive in the near future we will one day see an ultimate sim. Just like the day I found out about FLY. I never heard of the company or it's products but when I took a look at their panels my eyes glued to the screen as starred at it!! I was very familar about the the Hawker jet and knew a pilot who gave me a tour just before I was going to take a flight in my cessna. I was in aw of this powerfull beast!! Then I went online dug up some pics of the real panel and compared to FLY and every little detail was their!! Like Kenney said "I felt I was waking up something very powerfull" I know exactly how that feels. I slowly went through the checklist and familarized myself with the panel. When I powered up APU and then powered the engines it was a roar that made me quiver. I could not belive the start up sounds! I would also like to thank Bert for the link and I was very impressed with the site. If you like nice panels and awsome flight models have any of you tried the DreamFleet aircraft?? They a 737 that is to the extreme with a operation manual a half inch thick?? Check out their planes,panels and features at dreamfleet200.com Everyone thanks for your post and to fellow pilots CLEAR SKIES AND SMOOTH LANDINGS, Joe

Guest Panman

Just a quick question, exactly how do you get the engine to do 15 RPMs on final? If any of our planes did that we would spend a few hours removing that engine and sending it for overhaul.In addition to making funeral arrangements for the pilot.

>I wish instead of MS putting their efforts into clickable>VC's, they would have implemented Fly! style panels. I can>still remember the first time I powered up the Fly! bizjet. >Wow! It really immersed me into the sim -- it felt like I was>waking up something terribly powerful. None of the MSFS>panels has ever given me that kind of thrill.Well, could you post pics or point me to a site where I can see that panel (or also other Fly! pics)?Thanks a lot! :-)Etienne

Guest Andrew

"The one last thing I forgot to mention. X Plane has this awsome scenario where you can take the shuttle in orbit and fly through space and practice re-entry and shuttle landings. Now lets see a sim where you take off from a launch pad in Cali or FL. Or how about flying through space doging meteors and flying to other planets. How cool would a sim then??? Joe"Its called Orbiter and is the most fun Ive ever had from a freeware program, ever (Full stop)!!!!!Run a search Orbiter in explorer Search and also download the new shuttle models from Avsim Library, and sit back for one of the steapest learning curves in the history of flightsims.Andrew

I tried the X-Plane 7 demo, and IMO the flight modes are a joke. I have hundreds of hours in Cessna 172s, and the C172 in X-Plane flies more like a fighter jet than a Cessna.

Etienni,Sorry, I don't know where you can find screenshots of Fly!. AVSIM does host a Fly! forum "The FLY General Discussion Forum". You might want to ask there.Anyway, for the same price of a payware plane (maybe even less), you could probably pick up a copy of the sim (FLY! II) in a bargain bin somewhere. The strong points of Fly! are the gorgeous cloud-scapes and the detailed, scrollable panels.- Kenny B

Yep, Orbiter is great! And hard! It took weeks of learning to figure the basics out. So far, I've been to the ISS (and back!) several times. I've also been to the moon and Mars (but not back). Oh, another must have add-on for Orbiter is OribiterSound- Kenny B

The question is how do I run 15rpms on final? I must have wrote something wrong. I ment when I am turning from base to final my plane is at 15rpms when I am on final and when I know that I am on the glide slop I pull power to idle and let plane float to about 30feet or so and I begin applying backpressure to begin my flare. Joe

Guest Panman

Sir,You are still saying 15 RPMs.15 RPMs means your engined is running at one revolution every 4 seconds. I believe the only way your engine could be running this slowly is if it is switched off and the prop is driving it - which in itself is cause for the engine to be checked out - runaway props are not funny. Do you by chance mean 1500 RPMs?