Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

A. I. TRAFFIC

Guest metaleye

Hello to all;I have the AI set at 100% and there is no aircraft trafic in any airport, what could be wrong.Thank you for your help.

What is your environment? FS version, Win version, RAM, CPU, etc. Location: Airport, time, etc.Start with AI at 50% or lower since they can disappear if there are no gates open for parking.Do you have IFR only checked? If so, uncheck it.Default AI is not scheduled at all airports. Try a large airport. Try a usually busy incoming time such as noon at many.If you really want to get into AI, look at Ultimate Traffic (which I do not have) at their support forum here. Alternately, if you want to give it some time, learn about it and get the freeware AI Traffic Mover (downloadable here and for me it is wonderful) which can be used to print out (after absorbing your current traffic.bgl file) schedules at various airports, among other options, and greatly assists in setting up your own.AI traffic usually does not start until fifteen minutes after initiating FS with flight. You can download a freeware TCAS guage here to show AI targets if you want to learn how to install it into a panel. There is also a utility called AI Traffic Board freeware here that can display an AI airline traffic schedule as seen at an airline desk.The Jan and Feb back issues of Computer Pilot explain the whole mess.

If either default.dp & default.cdp is missing from your aircraft directory, AI traffic will not appear (I'm sure there are other showstoppers as well, but these did me in when I went on a "cleaning out and deleting too many addon acft frenzy").

Guest CargoMun

Of course also check if the Traffic.bgl is missing from the Microsoft GamesFS2002SceneDBATCScenery folder