Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Necessity of repeating pan down view (front)

When I pan the view down in 2d forward view in order to see the horizon, and then change the view from front to side (to look out the window for instance), when I return to the forward view the angle is reset to the original unpanned setting (so I have to re-pan down to see the horizon again).Is there a way to keep the pan angle the same in the front 2d view when I return to it from a side view, so I won't have to keep re-panning down?Thanks.Bob

Bob, I've seen this question answered within the last few days either here or at flightsim.com I just don't remember when or where but it was VERY recent.There's a retro fix that uses the fs9 'views' edit in the panel.cfgAnd there is also the option to edit the 2D camera description so it can be panned with the top hat. Or do both.The camera edit conveniently allows use of the tophat to pan, the mouse-look to pan and has a side effect I just noticed.When I mouse-look down and then use the number pad to glance sideways, it returns to front-level as you observed BUT it drops back to the level set by the mouse-look with a single touch of the space bar.You are welcome to my edits - just save your current cameras.cfg and give this 2D camera enhancement a try...keep your definition line and whatever hotkey you have assigned (I've changed mine)you really just need to add/edit the lines in red !don't copy/paste directly; there's color formatting in the forum page!-camera definition #1 2D camera-Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}Description = This is the description of the cockpit viewOrigin = CockpitShowPanel = YesSnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = True;PanPbhAdjust = Ordinal;PanPbhReturn = TruePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalsePitchPanRate=5;HeadingPanRate=45 // optional; enable if desiredPanAcceleratorTime=0Track = NoneShowAxis = FrontOnlyAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = FALSEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitLoyd

OK, thanks Loyd, I'll give it a go.(Why did MS make everything so difficult when it came to this type of issue. They should have done it right in the first place..end editorial).

You can edit the global 2d cockpit camera, or create a per-aircraft 2d cockpit camera, or use the old method from prior versions of editing the panel.cfg file to add or modify the view_forward_dir tilt (pitch) parameter. You used to also be able to add a view_forward_zoom but I don't see that in the FSX sdk, and I don't know if that still works.scott s..