Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Is there a keystroke to bring up AS 6.5

When you are flying along and using Active Sky 6.5 is there a keystroke to bring oup the "summary" of the weather? At presant the way I have to get to it is:Key the "desktop icon " key ( just to the right of the "Ctrl" key)From the "small program window" that comes up, key on the AS 6.5 icon and the AS 6.5 window comes up with the summary of the weather.There used to be a single key that I could key while flying to get to the normal desktop, but I can not remember what is was?? thanks jerrycwo4

Hi,There is no single key we have. That is why so many have gone to a second screen or networked install.

I print out the weather summary (that is the window that opens when you get a flightplan processed). It contains several items needed to program an FMC type equipped aircraft such as temperatures aloft, average and discreet winds aloft, average cruise wind for the altitude chosen, the surface METARS for departure and destination for both preflight and expected arrival data to enter, etc. With regional flights I like to know the anticipated arrival barometric pressure so it can be preset during cruise above a transition altitude (standard pressure applied by an avionics switch) so when I switch back to local pressure the setting is pretty close not requiring extensive manipulation.Frequently users will put an FMC on a second screen and a hard copy printout avoids switching views on that second screen for FMC data entry.

I print out the weather summary (that is the window that opens when you get a flightplan processed). It contains several items needed to program an FMC type equipped aircraft such as temperatures aloft, average and discreet winds aloft, average cruise wind for the altitude chosen, the surface METARS for departure and destination for both preflight and expected arrival data to enter, etc. With regional flights I like to know the anticipated arrival barometric pressure so it can be preset during cruise above a transition altitude (standard pressure applied by an avionics switch) so when I switch back to local pressure the setting is pretty close not requiring extensive manipulation.Frequently users will put an FMC on a second screen and a hard copy printout avoids switching views on that second screen for FMC data entry.
That's good advice to print out a hard copy, avoids alt+tabbing

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.