Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

Just saw a commercial for fs2004 on Discovery wings

hi,Looks like Discovery wings channel has started playing an fs2004 commercial. I missed the first part of it and heard the ending "Flight simulator 2004 rated E for everyone" (with a big picture of the tin box on the screen). :-) I hope to see the commercial again so I can see how it starts.Andrew

Guest GabrielR

BTW hows that channel, Ive heard there are many repeated shows, how was the FS show, something new?

I've had Discovery Wings for a while now, and don't watch it as much as I thought I would. The repetition of programs gets a little annoying, but I guess it's hard to fill a 24x7 schedule with nothing but fresh aviation programming. There are some great shows, however. I watched the Simulator program a few nights ago, and it was fairly interesting. Lots of talk about Military uses for simulation, especially for training squadrons to work together as a team. There was a fair little bit on FS2004, with interviews with the MS team and such, and while it wasn't a lot of new information it was great to see the people behind the program up close and personal. I also watched "Learning to Fly" the other night for the first time -- it's a series following one student as she, well, learns to fly. As someone who hasn't taken the challenge of real-world piloting yet, I found it fascinating. And they used FS2002 to show what she was going to be doing before she did it! It was a great use of FS to demonstrate flight maneuvers, and one of the first times I'd seen it used that way on TV.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit