Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

Flight Simulator On/With Video Projector

I just tried out FS on an older (400 Lumen) video projector that I borrowed (for a karaoke show I'm doing). It was pretty neat to have a big old 8 foot video rectangle on my wall, and showed a great deal of promise, especially on my two monitor system. Even my wife was impressed, which is in itself a tough sell! It was on the primary monitor port, and showed no particular problems to run this way.My questions....Has anyone else tried this, and what would be a good and/or recommended projector (without spending a total fortune) to do this on a permanent basis.I know nothing about these projectors.TIA...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I tried doing it with a fairly expensive professional projector which I borrowed from my company. The result was totally dissapointing. I am used to my 1600x1200x32 res with AA and AF cranked up. What a terrible difference with the projector (which can only go 1024x768). Blurry, blurry, no crispness a all in the picture, I could not even see the clouds detail, they only appeared as darker or lighter spots. I went back to my monitor in an instance.Alex

Hi Bob,Do a search in the Home Cockpit Support Forum. This topic surfaces a lot.Also, check the Project Majenta http://www.projectmagenta.com/ site. Pics are on the References page, and posts are in the Newsgroup (top of the main page).Richard