Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tylo

Am I missing something?

Hi all,I'm not sure if im having a problem or not so i hope someone can explain this to me. "so here i am sitting in the 2d panel of the PMDG MD-11. I deploy flaps to 15 degrees while looking at the SD Config page, and i see the little indicator of the flaps is telling me that the outboards are deployed to 16 and one inboard is 15 while one is 14. I wonder what this could be so i deploy to 28. Same thing happens, some are 27 some are 26 and some are 29. I switch to another varient and all of this continues to happen. I try to ignore it and takeoff. Then i realise (bear in mind i wasnt flying i was more just doodling around) that the flaps seem to retract as I go over the speeds of them."So here are my questions:1: Are these flap variations normal? should they be a few degrees off?2: Is this really some kinda of flap protection?Thanks in advance, Tyler

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They vary slightly like that in the real plane so the variance is simulated as well. I did a quick look in the FCOM to see if limitations included something on how much variation is okay but didn't find it the first time. There is a flap disag alarm and steps in the QRH book to follow in this case.

Oh ok thanks for that :) By the way I didn't know the MD-11 had Flap Protection systems installed.