Sign in to follow this  
SamiFQ

Cockpit preparation checklists?

Hi!Just got the FS2Crew for MD11 (FSX). I apologize if my question is dumb, but is the FO supposed to talk during the cockpit preparation? You see, when I click on "Start" cockpit preparation (as instructer in manual), the CPT and FO only speak a few words, following by silence. It feels kind of silly that, for example, the eng fire test starts to ring suddently and the FO doesn't indicate in any way that he is starting the fire test. I hope you understand what I mean

HiThe FO is not yet doing a checklist, but rather performing a workflow silently, setting switches and performing tests. At the same time you as the Captain have your own tasks to perform. Both pilot's tasks are explained in the manual starting page 26. Most importantly you will be programming the FMC. It will take some time to get in memorised, but try to stick with the manual! :( You will be reading the first checklist (Final Cockpit preparation) after the loadsheet has be recieved (around ten minutes remaining in the counter). Then you'll of course hear both voices.There are also user contributed "flowcharts" available that will list what you need to do at what particular time. At the bottom of the page here http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/pages/FS2Crew%...and-Extras.htmlbanner_fs2crew_team_kk.png