Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwenham

File Path question

Can someone explain the (.FLT/.WX Path =) option in RC 4.3? I have FSX on a separate drive from my OS and I searched for .FLT and .WX files and see that there are a few places they live, I find some on the OS drive as well as my FSX drive and am confused to where I link this to and what exactly does it do. THe manual does not have any mention of it.Thanks, Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can someone explain the (.FLT/.WX Path =) option in RC 4.3? I have FSX on a separate drive from my OS and I searched for .FLT and .WX files and see that there are a few places they live, I find some on the OS drive as well as my FSX drive and am confused to where I link this to and what exactly does it do. THe manual does not have any mention of it.Thanks, Jim
They normally live in your My Documents\Flight Simulator X (or My Documents\Flight Simulator for FS9). Set this so that you can save the Radar Contact information by using the CTL-SHF-; keys. If you don't do this the flight and weather info will be saved but the RC information will not. If you save the RC information you can pick a flight up from the point you left off complete with the RC controllers, etc. The manual mentions the button and saving/loading files. Once you save them you use the Load RC file button, not the Load Flightplan button.