Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris41

docking system for scenery

I have had several quite a few freeware sceneries that have used a docking system (most cases the exact same system). Can anyone point me to the program that has it. I was also wondering if there is a way to change things so that the docking system for some of the gates in some of those sceneries would be more accurate. Sometimes it tells you to stop too soon and other times too late.Thanks,Chris Porter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe you are talking about Actigate. Look in your modules folder for the .dll, .ini, and a .pdf. Not much info is there. I think this is the "parking indicator" signals for steering and stopping the aircraft and also might move the gate if so designed.According to a Yahoo search there is some kind of forum on fsdeveloper.com. I suggest you search in the scenery design forum here.If you modified an AFCAD or changed it from the add-on supplied one you might experience the problems.It looks like the aircraft types that it respond to are in the .ini.Be aware that there were reports in early scenery and some issues with it and FSUIPC early versions causing freezes. Some aircraft have had problems specifically PMDG. I did not experience those problems with the PMDG 737NGs.If I'm correct it might be in LIRN from the ISD team.I think the trigger positions are designed into the scenery though.Either way ask on the scenery design forum.Actigate interfaces with FSUIPC. It could not hurt to get the latest version from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

I have had several quite a few freeware sceneries that have used a docking system (most cases the exact same system). Can anyone point me to the program that has it. I was also wondering if there is a way to change things so that the docking system for some of the gates in some of those sceneries would be more accurate. Sometimes it tells you to stop too soon and other times too late.Thanks,Chris Porter