Sign in to follow this  
Bill_KA350

Missing stadiums in downtown Cincinnati FSX

Well, after a long drought, I'm finally getting back into FS with FSX, and the first thing I noticed is that none of the three stadiums along the riverfront in downtown Cincinnati are visible. Some of the larger buildings are there, but that's it.In FS2004, the stadiums were there, but it was missing bridges across the Ohio river. I was really hoping that FSX would have fixed that. Oh, contrare.I searched many venues, and unless I'm asking the wrong question, no one but me has noticed this. Just for S&G's, I set my scenery on ultra high, and no joy.Any help would be great.Thanks,Bill Walch

Well, after a long drought, I'm finally getting back into FS with FSX, and the first thing I noticed is that none of the three stadiums along the riverfront in downtown Cincinnati are visible. Some of the larger buildings are there, but that's it.In FS2004, the stadiums were there, but it was missing bridges across the Ohio river. I was really hoping that FSX would have fixed that. Oh, contrare.I searched many venues, and unless I'm asking the wrong question, no one but me has noticed this. Just for S&G's, I set my scenery on ultra high, and no joy.Any help would be great.Thanks,Bill Walch
Hi Bill, up your scenery complexity slider and each time, see if the stadiums appear.

Regards, Kendall

Hi Bill, up your scenery complexity slider and each time, see if the stadiums appear.
Well, it's up to the maximum, and still no joy. To make it easy, I just fly a helo out of CVG, and go NE, and within a minute, you can wee the Ohio river and downtown Cincinnati. Not a lot of detail (not that I'm expecting that much), but I would have hoped that FSX would have correct the problems. In FS2004, it was missing one bridge, but it did have the old Riverfront Stadium. Now in FSX, the bridge count is correct, but now the Brent Spence (I-75) suspension bridge is now a single deck (no suspension) and no stadiums (there are actually three). Oh, well. Who fly's into Cinci anyway?If anyone has or knows of Cinci scenery, please let me know.Thanks,BillP.S When I mentioned it's been a "long drought", I started out as an Avsim member in mid-1998, and in fact, had a very popular King Air 350 (and B1900) panel and plane (over 40,000 DL's), but in those days, I had lots of spare time. I guess my membership lapsed, hence my newly minted membership date. Now in FSX, it's quite a bit better the its predecessors, but still has room to improve. I guess, once we all have Cray XMP's on our desktops, we'll have photo real scenery in FS :( .

Hi Bill,I've been absent for a while too, but two things: I fly into Cinci:) and I still use your panel to this day. Nice to see you back around.Hooper

Hi Bill,I've been absent for a while too, but two things: I fly into Cinci:) and I still use your panel to this day. Nice to see you back around.Hooper
Great to be back, thanks!

Guest hmstiger
Well, it's up to the maximum, and still no joy. To make it easy, I just fly a helo out of CVG, and go NE, and within a minute, you can wee the Ohio river and downtown Cincinnati. Not a lot of detail (not that I'm expecting that much), but I would have hoped that FSX would have correct the problems. In FS2004, it was missing one bridge, but it did have the old Riverfront Stadium. Now in FSX, the bridge count is correct, but now the Brent Spence (I-75) suspension bridge is now a single deck (no suspension) and no stadiums (there are actually three). Oh, well. Who fly's into Cinci anyway?If anyone has or knows of Cinci scenery, please let me know.Thanks,BillP.S When I mentioned it's been a "long drought", I started out as an Avsim member in mid-1998, and in fact, had a very popular King Air 350 (and B1900) panel and plane (over 40,000 DL's), but in those days, I had lots of spare time. I guess my membership lapsed, hence my newly minted membership date. Now in FSX, it's quite a bit better the its predecessors, but still has room to improve. I guess, once we all have Cray XMP's on our desktops, we'll have photo real scenery in FS :( .
The processor isn't the problem, we will need huge disk arrays to hold all the pictures....

a little OT: I remember that King Air panel.... what a treat lol!I'm not sure how you would add the stadiums. Maybe someone created them (check the file libraries?)Otherwise you would be able to make a simple one in Gmax or try ADE - it might work:http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |