Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

FS Build

Guest tmond

Can someone tell me if FS Build works with Windows 7. I'm following the manual and cannot create flight plansVersin 2.3Tim

Guest kdundon

Works just fine for me. I have Win7 Pro 64 bit. You have to set up FSBuild properly for it to work. Install by using Run as Administrator. Ken

Can someone tell me if FS Build works with Windows 7. I'm following the manual and cannot create flight plansVersin 2.3Tim
I have it working with Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.I did have one problem with saving plans .....As part of setting up FSbuild you have to put the path to the FS software in the options. I found that there can be problems if the path is too long. I do not use the default path name as I keep my FS Software installation on a separate drive.To get round the problem I created a folder with a short name by using the MKLINK command. You then point FSBuild to the short name and plans are saved but the FS software picks the plans up in the correct 'long name' directory.I also tend to run the software in administrator mode in case it needs to update the registry.

Regards

Trevor

Hello timInstall FSBuild using Admin privileges but do not install to Program Files(x86) install to C:\fsbuildPrograms installed to Program Files (x86) will not write their data to the appropriate folders specified bythe program itself, but rather to a so-called virtual store to which theadd-on aircraft have no access.See this post over at the FSCommander forumhttp://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=78476

Guest tmond
Hello timInstall FSBuild using Admin privileges but do not install to Program Files(x86) install to C:\fsbuildPrograms installed to Program Files (x86) will not write their data to the appropriate folders specified bythe program itself, but rather to a so-called virtual store to which theadd-on aircraft have no access.See this post over at the FSCommander forumhttp://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=78476
Ill Delete it & reinstall it to the correct directory.Thank You very MuchTim
Ill Delete it & reinstall it to the correct directory.Thank You very MuchTim
Maddog.This aministrative privilage thing. What is it?Where in windows 7 is it?Tim

Ill Delete it & reinstall it to the correct directory.Thank You very MuchTimMaddog.This aministrative privilage thing. What is it?Where in windows 7 is it?Tim
Hello TimRight click on the applications icon > properties > compatability tab > run this program as administrator.

Guest tmond
Hello TimRight click on the applications icon > properties > compatability tab > run this program as administrator.
Thank you Bud!I'm wondering if we could be friends.?get to know each other? I could sure use help frm a guy with your smarts.Maybe I should not intrude tho and invade your privousy :( I wonder if Flight Simulator should be installed on C root as well. You know?Tim,Canada