Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jetreader

Landing more AI aircraft

Guest Jetreader

I hope this is the right forum for this.Even though I know the basics, I'm relatively new to this, and I was wondering if it was possible to land AI aircraft on two runways simultaneously? I have FS2002, TTools 2.02, and Afcad 1.4. I have added about 80 flightplans with TTools, and modified a few airports with Afcad. I am finding though that with all the FPs I'm adding with TTools, the two runways I'm using (O'Hare specifically) are getting rather worked. I use one for takeoffs and one for landings. Is there some other control I'm not aware of, do I need a new program, or can it not be easily done with the FS I have?Any help appreciated.

Hi,You can use the "star runway" technique to open more runways. Since FS will use any runway it thinks is parallel to the one it uses as its master runway (it has to be within about 8 degrees heading of the master runway), you can create little fake runways in a star pattern that will make runways more than 8 degrees different in heading appear to FS as being parallel. But this has the side effect that all the little fake runways will be listed as Active by ATIS. Jim Vile's tutorial can be found here, among other places: http://www.alpha-india.net/content/view/258/87/Hope this helps,

Since you're using FS2002, I think you need a different technique. Back in the days when FS2002 was the only game in town, we used to "split" airports in two or even 3 pieces, each with a separate name and a separate AFCAD file. For O'Hare, for example, there would be KORD which only handles half the airport, and KOR2 which handles the other half. ATC and Ground would treat these as two separate airports, so it was best to separate the two halves as much as possible, and avoid too many crossing taxiways, etc. You can probably still find split AFCADs in the FS2002 section.I used FS2002 a lot, and did a lot of my own custom AFCAD work. After a disk crash, I gave up completely, and only recently came back after 6 or 7 year absence. I still have the same old computer, which I didn't want to upgrade because I've also still got my gameport yoke and pedals. I did, however, go out and find a copy of FS2004 for about $16, including shipping.Unless you have some significant reason to stay with FS2002, like a bunch of payware scenery and airplanes, or whatever, I'd recommend giving FS2004 a try. Even on my old machine, it runs better than FS2002. It's smoother, and has better frame rates. The free add-ons are better, too. AI and ATC are better, and the FS2004 gate assignment, absent in FS2002, really makes getting the parking right a lot easier.