Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichW

ERROR MESSAGE ON FMC WHEN I LOAD FLIGHT PLAN AT SEATTLE TACOMA

Guest RichW

When i am flying anywhere from KSEA and put KSEA into the ORIGIN field on the FMC i get this message pop up at the bottom of the FMC ksea ERROR: 34L Rwy unknown what can i do to correct this i get it on both 737 and 747 -400 in FS2004if it helps i can post a picture

Hi there.I would try going into the DEP/ARR page on the FMC and selecting your departure runway there (after you have loaded your flight plan/got the erorr) + your SID and expected STAR/arrival runway. Then check the leg page and clear any discontinuties. That should solve the problem. If none of what I said makes any sense, write back and I/someone can explain it in a bit greater detail, or point you towards the manual.Cheers,Rudy

You need to update the navdata. KSEA added a runway some time ago, this is exactly the error you will see you your data is out of date.

Dan Downs KCRP

The answer is that pilots intending to land on RW16R or 34L were mistaking the adjacent taxiway for the runway. Consequently they changed RW 16R to 16C and 34L to 34C. My IAP for KSEA has a whole page devoted to cautioning pilots to be sure of alignment and to make sure of runway identificaton before landing. As Dan said the NaVDATA I think still has the old numbering system in place. Short of editing the wpNavAPT (my solution) to change the runway desigantions, there is little you can do.Plurb

The runways were renumbered because they went from two parallels to three parallels. Navigraphs navdata has it right. The error will only occur if your sidstar file and navdata are not of the same cycle. If they are the same cycle, even if out of date, they will work. There's no editing required.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, I was way off the mark! Nothing a bit local knowledge didn't cure though!Cheers,Rudy

You are trying to tell me they changed it because of Taxiway TANGO? No lol. They changed the name 16R/34L because a 3rd runway was added -- therefore the change was required -- 16L/16C/16R 34L/34C/34R

The answer is that pilots intending to land on RW16R or 34L were mistaking the adjacent taxiway for the runway. Consequently they changed RW 16R to 16C and 34L to 34C. My IAP for KSEA has a whole page devoted to cautioning pilots to be sure of alignment and to make sure of runway identificaton before landing. As Dan said the NaVDATA I think still has the old numbering system in place. Short of editing the wpNavAPT (my solution) to change the runway desigantions, there is little you can do.Plurb