Sign in to follow this  
Guest teetee

I wonder what happened here?

I thought I finally had everything set right. I was about 50 milesEast of Palm Springs, CA flying east to Phoenix, AZ, few clouds and my frame rate pretty good, all of a sudden I get this. I sure am having problems getting FS9 set up; I thought FS9 should run pretty good on my system. Slider settings are about 75% of max and no antialising. As you can see there is no scenery to speak of and very little weather. Any thoughts as to what happened?Thanks,MontyDell 82002.53 Ghz CPU1024 Mb RD800 RamGf4 Ti 4600 Video (Driver 4403) Viewsonic 21" VP211b Flat Panel MonitorAudigy Sound (Latest Drivers)Seagate X15 15000 RPM 37 Gb SCSI Hard Drive (Dedicated to FS9)Windows XP Prohttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26055.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't claim to know the exact cause - but I suspect that FS is probably expending way too much energy on that 55 fps frame-rate. You have a good system - I suggest that you increase your sliders (gradually) and lock your frame-rate between 20 and 30. This subject is still open for debate, but framerates above 30 are wasting resources. Most movies that you watch in a theater have a frame-rate of 24 fps and the shows you watch on television are 30 fps (interlaced). When was the last time you hated a movie because the frame-rate was too low? Lock your frame-rate and optimize your graphic settings...this should solve your problem.Regards,Marc

I would agree you need to fix your FPS to a lower level. I have my FPS set to 28 fps and find there isn't much reason to have fps higher. If the fps gets below about 22 then the airplane will be a little mushy in control. At 27 fps the airplane is more lively and easier to control.Fix your fps at 28 and you will give up those excess fps to FS2004 to get on with other more important tasks.Ray Keattch.

have you just added scenery? i had almost the exact same thing in 2K after incorrectly adding landclass. fly to the "edges" and figure out the area involved,[lat_long] and maybe you can re-load the bgl's for that area. tt