Sign in to follow this  
Guest simpilot

Engines quit

Guest simpilot

Is anyone else having trouble keeping their engines running in FS2004?I have tried both the Lear and the 737 and the egines will either shut down during the T/O roll or in mid-air. I do not have failures enabled.Any help would be appreciated!Cheers!Richard

Guest nbl957

BumpI too am having this problem. On a recent VATSIM flight I crashed in a wooded mountainous region East of Portland, OR due to losing all instruments while on an IFR flight from Vancouver to SFO.Somewhere I came across the information that the failure setting was indicating Electrical System failures active. This turned out to be true. The big problem is that no matter how I try to deactivate this setting it simply reappears. I even tried to accept it but set a very long time before failure, that setting didn't stick either.Hhhhheeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllpppppppppp!!bf

Guest RonB49

To both of you (but mostly to "bf") -- try renaming you config file from FS9.cfg to FS9.Sav (or similar) and then stating FLight Simulator again. You may be loading the failure parameters each time that you start FS. It's worth a try and if it does no good you can delete the new cfg file and rename the original back to ".cfg". R-

Guest nbl957

Thanx for your response. I believe I've tried everything mostly out of complete frustration and getting to the point of trying anything at all. I'll have another go at your suggestion. Things I've already tried were using the 4th CD disk in the drive, normally I run with the NoCD crack. Deleting the hosts.dll used with SquawkBox. Deleting the default startup file. Editing the FS9.cfg using FSConfigurator, a great little addon.The closest I've come to getting it working was when I deleted the startup flight. On my next start I was at Olympia, I believe, in the Cessna, on the runway, powered up and ready to fly. I gunned her and flew over to the coast landing in a light rainstorm, real weather active, about 1 hour later. The flight went without incident.I checked the setting of the Failures and all items were clear. After I'd landed and parked I checked again. There it was, the unremoveable check. What the @#$% gives?My O my, this is driving me nuts. It appears that while this problem setting is there for all types it only kicks in with the jets. Flew from CYUL to KBOS with VATSIM in 737 and lost all instruments about 100 nm from destination. With the help of data from FSNav I managed a safe landing but it was hairy.Final point. I prefer to start up cold. With the jets I can't activate the startup properly because I cannot switch on the avionics. Same reason.A crass and temporary workaround is to switch planes in flight after the blackout occurs then immediately switch again to the one you were flying. Get's you through the flight and you may need to repeat the process but not too good when flying real time online under ATC.Mine is a pretty clean install. Only add-0ns are FSUIPC, FSNav (for FS9), FSSound.dll and the Hosts.dll for SquawkBox. No other 3rd party stuff at all.bf

out of curiousity, what do your fuel guages read?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest nbl957

As I read through this post I see that I was so anxious to get help that I have posted under the wrong heading. My problem is NOT that the engines quit but rather that all my avionics switch off due to a setting over which I appear to have no control. Flying the big ones with no avionics is not recommended. I was in deep trouble before I even realised it as, of course, my autopilot failed completely along with all screen gauges. A side problem here is that I cannot fly from a cold start as the avionics can't be switched on.My real question then is how do I get to reset (and keep) my normal setup - that is NO failures.bf

Guest nbl957

Great suggestion - where is the battery switch on the default 737?bf